Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From Time To Time

In an earlier post, I talked about how my sister-in-law Karen sat with me when I was in labor with Jaysa. Karen would wrap her arms around her stomach and rock back and forth each time I felt a contraction. I laughed, she groaned. Thank you Karen for doing all the work while I got the beautiful baby!

At that time, Karen was a young newlywed. Little did she know that she was actually pregnant while we shared those hours of my labor.

Nine months after Jaysa was born, Karen gave birth to her own daughter, Cheryl. I'm sorry I wasn't there to keep Karen company as she had done for me, but we had moved to California by the time Cheryl was born. Karen brought Cheryl to see us when she was about a month old.
Since she and I are divorced from the two brothers we were married to, I haven't seen Karen in a long time. Only our daughters are connected to the family now.
It was a treat for me to see that one of the cousins who threw Jaysa's baby shower was Cheryl. She's grown into a beautiful and talented young woman, just like her mother. Cheryl is seated on the left in the picture below.

I wonder if she knows that she was there with her mother that day long ago? Two women and two babies, lives interwoven from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment