Wednesday, August 31, 2011

From The Garage: No. 4 Garlic Bowl

The saga of my pursuit of a clean garage continues despite the heat. I unboxed this little bowl that I bought sometime back at a Salvation Army thrift store. I hated the color, but liked the shape. The glaze is a shiny grayish white, which had no correlation to the dull terra-cotta finish on the garlic bulbs and on the bottom.


I coated the whole thing with white and, since I prefer jarred garlic due to the heat, I didn't have garlic bulbs on hand so I put my raw sugar packets in to give it a purpose.



I will admit I tried several different touches, such as dry brushing with some french gray chalk paint and lightly buffing on some dark Annie Sloan wax. I'm sure others could have pulled it off, but the effect I made just looked like crap, so I covered it up with the white again and called it good enuf for now. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a lot of white finishes around here by the time that garage is cleaned out.


4 comments:

  1. Mom, you are a real hoot.

    Speaking of white finishes, I started painting all my trim and baseboards white last night. It's going to be such a HUGE improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny, your garlic bowl looks great in white!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've discovered spray painting things, so like you with the white paint, I have the urge to spray everything I don't like! :-)

    ReplyDelete