Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fluffing The Nest

Wild Bill and I went shopping today and I ran across a vintage scale. I've been wanting one for quite some time.







Yeah, it's pretty grody. Looks like someone will be cleaning it up tonight.

I also bought some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint when I saw some furniture painted with one of the newer colors "Cocoa".



I have to admit, I was smitten at first glance. I cracked that can open as soon as we got home! You see, I've had the china cabinet sitting in the middle of the breakfast room while I'm trying to decide which way to go. I painted the top section of the cabinet with a homemade version of chalk paint. I made it using non-sanded grout and a gray paint color by Martha Stewart. I think it was Bedford Gray.



Previously, I had painted the bottom of the china cabinet with my homemade version of "Old White" chalk paint. And then the top and the bottom both sat there since neither of them was what I wanted.  And they sat and sat ... in the middle of the mess ... while I couldn't decide.



Am I the only one who has so much trouble with picking colors? Do you have any suggestions for me? How do you decide?

Hmmmm...I think I got sidetracked

Back to Cocoa. I'm already doing the shelves. My plan is to do the top and bottom in Cocoa and then use a dark wax to age it. And maybe trim it a little in old white. I'm on this. Really. I might get something completed soon.


1 comment:

  1. lovve the vintage of it all

    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete