Thursday, December 5, 2013

Simple Decorating: Lights In A Jar


Here's a quick and easy way to add a little sparkle to a dark corner of your home.

 
I had some old twinkle lights with no
where to use them.
 
Our flocked tree is pre-lite, and we
use net lights in our bushes outside.
 

 
So...I bunched up the lights and put
them in an old lantern-like jar.
 
Talent right?

 
I should add that the top of
the jar is wide open, so any heat
generated by the lights escapes
through the top of the jar.
 
I'm still on my quest to clean out
closets and the garage, so these
items were going to be donated
unless I found a use for them.
 
Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
or
You do without
 
 
Love the easy stuff.
 
 
Sharing this week at:
 
 

 

14 comments:

  1. I love it! The lights look wonderful in your lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quotation - I am all about getting rid of clutter lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!! Especially for a dark corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! If I can find a string small enough I am going to put a set in our lantern, because there is a plug behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lantern is so pretty with the lights. Great way to use what you have to make something pretty. Thanks for visiting and commenting. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Love the lights in a jar. . .Bring A Torch!!!
    Edit, edit, edit. . .was my theme during my first year of retirement!!! I now enjoy organized closets and storage. . .makes life more enjoyable shared with loved ones, instead of always seaching for accessories!!! You go, girl!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute, I've done this in my bathroom, adding some pot pouri and the heat of the lite makes it smell great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of lights in a jar! And I love that it's so easy.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really pretty! How did you hide the cord?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look but I never know what to do with the cord...

    ReplyDelete