Thursday, July 24, 2014

Garage Sale Finds Last Week



This post is about two of my favorite things.

Old items that were functional and useful in their day,
and products that do what the advertisement says
they will do...

I couldn't pass up these old wash basins and
water pitcher at a garage sale recently.


Less than $10 for all three!


Love the dents and bangs...



I soaked them in "extra power" Dawn detergent
overnight, but there's still a ring. 

I think the wash tubs were used as planters,
the dirt is that caked on.

I should be able to get the stains out at least
a little better with Magic Eraser.

I used up my last one cleaning our stainless
steel sink. Yes, your stainless sink will
shine with this little guy!
Unfortunately, I'm not reimbursed for this
gushing admiration of their product.

I just truly love these things.

Pots, pans, sinks...anything caked on.
The stains disappear like magic!

Yeah, that pun was intended.
Thanks for dropping by!



12 comments:

  1. Nice finds! I haven't tried the magic eraser on our stainless steel sink, but will now. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our sink is only 3 years old, but was staining a lot. I kept thinking we should replace it. I tried Magic Erasers on it and it just shines like crazy. I have heard they take a thin layer off what they're cleaning, so keep that in mind. My sink would've been replaced if it hadn't worked, so no worry for me.

      Delete
  2. What a great deal! I love magic erasers and I buy them all the time since I get a little OCD when I'm cleaning the bathroom. They work great on tile. I like the Febreze scented ones the best... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee D, I didn't know about the Febreze ones, will have to look.

      Delete
  3. I've never used the magic erasers but will sure give them a try. Thanks for the inspiration...(actually, I'd rather swim than work on my sink...) :(
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. I'd be swimming too, but I'm somewhat allergic to the sun and barely go out in it.

      Delete
  4. Love Mr. Clean too, I actually use a little square of the magic eraser for my watercolour , if there is something I want to lift, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Didn't think of it in an artistic way, Irene, but will add that to my list of its uses.

      Delete
  5. Love your finds. Love those sponges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good finds. That pitcher looks familiar. Might you have one just like it already? I love those magic erasers for the shower, esp. Never though to use it on the sink. I will be trying that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Great finds!!!
    Great tip!!!
    I've found that Bar Keeper's friend dry powder
    works well on ceramic, enamel ware, porcelain. . .
    you name it, it takes off most stains. Except silver!
    Don't use it there!!!
    We, too, have quite a collection of the white enamelware hoping to be utilized out of doors. . .in a "one day to be built" gardening bench. Waiting on "Mr. Ed" to find his creativy inspirational side!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the pitcher. Thanks for the cleaning tip too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete