Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Garden Dreams



Spring peeked in for a few days, so Wild Bill
and I ran down to Costco and bought a few
plants for the planting beds.

We thought the sage bushes, shown here
from last Summer, had died due to the
freezing temperatures this Winter.
They were like sticks the other day, so we bought
a rose bush and two azaleas to replace them.
When we got the new plants home, there were
new green shoots on the dead sage plants!
 
Honestly, do you ever get the feeling someone
'up there' is messing with you?
Here's the new plants...we'll have to start a
new planting bed to put them in now.


Along with the azaleas and rose bush,
we bought 3 geraniums. Two for our planters
by the entrance way...


And one for our favorite neighbor Melanie
across the road...
As soon as we got back with the plants,
thunderstorms moved in and the sun
hasn't come out since...
I gave up and went out and planted the
geraniums in the rain.

Thanks for dropping in!



14 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers! We are in the process of doing the same. This Dallas weather has been so finicky this week! We'll try to get some more planting done tomorrow, before the rains move in again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought that plant was dead too. It looks dead! The new plants are so pretty. I love a good excuse for making a new spot to plant something. It has rained here too. I'm dying to get back in the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we having a wonderful spring? Yes I've had that same goof happen with bushes before. Actually that has happened with crepe myrtles more than once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the crepes Stacey. Around this part of Texas they call it "Crepe Murder" because of how much people take off trying to prune them back. My old ones at our last house got murdered more than once!

      Delete
  4. Love the beautiful pinks you chose. I always buy more than I actually have space for, because I get like a kid in a candy store and want to try new plants. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I was tempted when I was at the nursery today, but controlled myself. : ) I know it is too soon here and will be lucky if the geraniums I planted by our front door make it without getting hit by frost. I did want to get some azaleas though to replace two sorry looking ones we have. They are small but the nursery I was at wanted $40.00 a piece and they were a bit bigger than I wanted to start out with. I will have to check Home Depot or Lowe's for something a little less expensive. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, Costco has lovely ones for $8.99. We bought one 4 years ago at Costco and it is beautiful. I will have to try to get a good picture of it. The plants we bought were all under $10 each. The ideal is to get them when they first come into the store.

      Delete
  6. At long last we too have warmer weather, but the forcast lady said not to remove our snow tires. Does she know something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your sage bush survived after all. The new flowers you picked are lovely. It'll be nice to see where you plant them. It's been raining off and on where I live, too. As a matter of fact, it just stared raining a few minutes ago. I think it's time to close the windows... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know the green came back to your sage bush and I think it would be really hard to have too many flowers so your new ones will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the oranges and pinks and the mix of flowers, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blooms....hope you get some sunshine soon!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete