Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Little Wall Rack




Last post I talked about this little wall rack that I've been torturing with paint, hammers, pliers...well, basically anything I can get my hands on. 

I planned to paint it white. In fact, I put a thin coat on it because I just couldn't stand this sweet little paint job it came with, bow and all. 
 Wow. The 80's called and wants this little shelf back!
The original price of $49.99 was still stenciled on the back. Far above the two dollars I paid for it at a garage sale.

So, last Friday I painted it with a coat of white, knocked that cutesy top do-dad off with a hammer, then used pliers to pull out the wire brads that held it in.

I said painting it white was the plan. And it was...until I saw this post today at the blog, Infuse With Liz. She featured a similar plate rack on her wall, which is painted black. Love it!
Now I'm thinking this little shelf needs to be black like the one Liz has. Your thoughts?



Thanks for dropping by!



Joining The Party At:
Bernideen's House and Garden Party

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    sorry its been so long since I visited. Thats a great shelf - no matter what color you choose.. where or what you plan to hang it over would be what determined the color, if it was me. can't wait to see it and sure wish I had one..

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I was thinking how pretty the white would be, until I saw the black. I like the black. But what do I know about decorating! All I get to decorate is a hunting lodge filled with mounted deer heads and turkey tails. The little shelf will fit right in to your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the white. I try to keep things light and bright here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both white and dark are nice depending what color goes on the shelf. My personal preference is white though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a great buy on the shelf....I love it both in black and white. Can't wait to see what you decide :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sharon at Rivercrest Cottage:
    I love that name Sharon! Iam joining the group who votes for shabby white!!!! So glad to have you find my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sharon:
    i wish you would link this
    DIY project to my BTTCG Blog Party! I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for light on dark walls or dark on light walls. :) A great find either way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're right. I would have said white until I saw the black. Very nice project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, there was way too much cutesy going on with your original shelf. I vote for black, since black can add a lot of drama and contrast, if that is what you are after. I have a similar shelf that I painted black and it looks wonderful with my red and white transferware, and also looks good against my light colored walls and white wainscoting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the black. I am getting tired of white a little bit latey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this could be a cutie for sure-I think it should be the best color for the space you are placing it in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Sharon:
    Just letting you know that this post is featured on my blog today! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sharon:
    Just letting you know that this post is featured on my blog today! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree that I like either White or Black.
    It just depends what is around it.
    I know you will pick the best, you have excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete