Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Little Fall Decorating (Key Word Little)



Last fall, in the post Kopycat Fall Candle, I added fall leaves to my glass candles by copying a magazine picture. Yeah...I know. It was pretty simple and I should've thought of it myself.




I kind of like my rendition better than theirs. Here's the magazine's photo:



Country Sample Magazine Autumn 2016

Well, the other day I was trying to add some fall zing around the house and discovered there isn't much you can't "zing up" with a few fall leaves!




I stuck them in my chalkboards and found that sometimes too many is too many! After I stuck them under the bottom of the clock, I added some to the top too.



See what I mean? New decorating rule to write down: Sometimes Too Many Is Too Many!



And sometimes too many can be just right. The little pumpkins looked pretty bare before I overwhelmed them with leaves...


Adding a pile of leaves and a few more pumpkins makes the plain chalkboard look a little more cheerful! Sorry for the shadows, but I had to run over and take a picture for you even though it's night here.



So that's a little fall decorating here. Safety Tip: If you add leaves to your candle holders, be sure to use battery operated candles that won't set the leaves on fire! 




Thanks for dropping by!


Join Me Here:
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings





17 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how adding simple leaves spices up the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often when I used to paint or draw or do anything creative really I would "Gild the Lily". There's an art to not over doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your painting of Elvis on your blog recently was beautifully done.

      Delete
  3. I love what you've done, the splash of fall color is perfect and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like YOUR version better, too!
    Great new decorating rule (except for sometimes.....) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer your version of the leaves too. Amazing what a few leaves can do .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The leaves looks good, even when they're too much. Love the teapot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your decorations, they look terrific.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love leaves as part of Fall decor...I think yours are just right in all the appropriate places...as long as you aren't putting any in your underwear drawer...now THAT would be overkill.

    Have a blessed upcoming week, Sugar. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Di, I tried to hang some around Wild Bill's neck but he bulked at that. Only you would think of decorating the underdraws!

      Delete
  9. Sometimes just the little touches make an enormous difference. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your version of the leaves and candle too. I'm not big on candles for that reason, fire. I'm terrible at not being careful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "little" Decorating is perfect! Adding autumn leaves warms everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorations are great to look at. Don't forget that November the 5th is bonfire night. Let's start something here that you'll remember every year. The giving of sweets is optional.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely and simple ideas. Still, will I try them? No. I'm too tired after work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was nice to see the maple leaves every where. I love the color and texture of the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall leaves add just the right touch! Love your pretty clock and chalkboard, too! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete