Saturday, October 7, 2017

Painted Brick At O Deer Mercantile



Do you have a red brick fireplace that you've thought about painting to lighten it up? 

Our middle daughter has often thought about painting hers. I didn't think it looked bad until I happened to see Gwen's painted fireplace over at her blog, O Deer Mercantile. 

When I ran across Gwen's post, I began to see the beauty of painting your fireplace brick white.


O Deer Mercantile

Gwen explains HERE  how she completed the job quickly with just a brush, a cloth, and watered-down paint.

Here's one of her before photos so you can see what a big job it was.


O Deer Mercantile

I hope you enjoy Gwen's post as much as I did. It seems Gwen has quite a knack for home makeovers and DIY's. 



Thanks for dropping by!




12 comments:

  1. It does look so pretty painted white! My DIL painted here fireplace white, too, and it really makes such a difference. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Be sure to go to her blog as I left the really pictures alone and just posted a teaser. It is beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I have indeed thought about painting my brick, So much work... I'm getting really lazy in my old age... Maybe some day. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does indeed look very pretty painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. Our fireplaces aren't brick, but I'd sure like to change the stone on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly makes for a "change"...
    Wonder what happens when natural brick makes a comeback?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our whole house is sort of a painted brick. I'll have to do a post on it in the future. I hardly ever think of it as painted brick. The builder did the finish before we ever saw the house.

      Delete
  7. I painted my fireplace a number of years ago and have never regretted it. The last time it was painted with a sprayer - super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have painted two or three brick fireplaces over the years and never regretted the 'bright change' it brought to each home. She did a great job...and it is a BIG job, too!

    Hope you have a great weekend, Sugar. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved painted brick whether a fire place or entire house.
    I have a red brick house and would love it painted white .
    Tell your daughter to go ahead and paint her fireplace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sugar, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for featuring my post "Fireplace Redoux—New Life For Our Tired Looking Red Brick Inglenook" I so appreciate your kind words about it. I have to say I like it better every time I look at it. I think the key here, as in your post about "A Little Fall Decorating", is not to over do. I have seen a lot of fireplaces where the paint was so heavy, it looks unnatural. Just my thought, but ours, with the natural brick peeking through, has a more organic feel.
    Thanks Again,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete