Thursday, November 16, 2017

Goodbye To Orange




Started clearing out the Fall and Halloween things today to make way for Christmas.


Orange is not a favorite color of mine, but I do like these shades of it in the leaves and placemat here.


The gravy boat and butter dish are Pottery Barn items from years back. I don't even remember the year I bought them, though that's probably due to my age and not theirs.


I love anything with a woodland theme. These pieces have squirrels running up a piece of twig used for the handles. 


I can't remember ever using them as serving pieces, we just use them for decoration around this time of year.

They wouldn't ever be large enough when our tribe gets together for holiday meals! To fit everyone in, we usually have to eat buffet style to leave as much room as possible on the tables. 


Thanks for dropping by!



8 comments:

  1. I walked past a Pottery Barn store a couple of weeks ago, and thought some of their stuff looked cool. A little too traditional for me as I love modern, but great in the right home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't start my Christmas decor until the day after Thanksgiving. Most of our family will be here for T'Day and then again on Christmas Eve...so I want it all to look like the holiday we are celebrating. I never do much in the way of fall decorating but I sure love decorating for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty!

    I am going to try and make a start on my Christmas decor too. I like to get it done so I can relax and do other things.

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing today! Now slowly sorting through "Christmas" as we brought out a whole attic-load that hadn't been used or sorted for a long, LONG time. (What WAS I thinking?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little pieces, with the squirrels running up the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the woodland theme of these pretty pieces! x K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't use all of my fall decor this year. I did empty the tote one day this week and chose some things to discard. It will all be packed up again soon, but I like to have it out for Thanksgiving.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title of your post caught my eye. I feel the same way about orange and my last 2 posts also said goodbye to that not so likeable color. I packed up my Fall decor with their pops of orange and maybe should of donated it to Goodwill. Ah.. a new season is upon us now. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete