Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Gray Walls Update




Here's a few pictures of those walls that got painted gray (Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter) at Middle Daughter's house.




She was worried about the gray turning blue in her house, but she's happy with the color. 

I've only seen it in these phone pictures taken right after the painters left, but I love the look of the gray with the white and the wood.

She's also working on eliminating the original builder's lights. She ordered just one of these lights online to try it out. 



She needed five of them, but ordered just one in case it didn't work out and she had to return it. In the photo below, you can see the old light on the right and the new light on the left.



It seems with this gray, the more white the better! Middle Daughter painted the sides of her stairs white, pulled out the strip of carpet that went down the middle of the stairs, and she plans to paint more of the wood white after the wood is refinished.

She's really happy to no longer have her "Coat of Many Colors House" as she use to call it. 

When she moved in, the dining room (seen to the left in the above picture) was burgundy, the kitchen was yellow, the entryway was a sage green, the playroom was peach, and the rest of the walls downstairs were an awful orangy-brown!

Here's the only picture I could find of the brown walls. As you can see, she had already painted swatches of different light and medium gray colors. You can also see the green, which was just around the corner.



I like how her walls turned out so I bought a sample can of BM's Revere Pewter, and I'm going to have a go at a few areas of our house too.


Thanks for dropping by!





10 comments:

  1. I like the look of it a lot. I'm afraid my house is a coat of many colors, I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of color is great if it is compatible. Her house's colors were in severe conflict and from another era when they bought the house.

      Delete
  2. The gray looks great! The before description reminds me of our previous house... the moment we got the keys, I was tearing down wall paper and planning which colors to paint. It's amazing what a difference paint can make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color and think it is just perfect. I like the new light, too. Much better than the old ones. I think it has a nice modern, vibe to it.

    Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the paint and the new light. Your daughters must be just like you. You really know how to decorate! I do a lot of standing and staring and never come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the grey too and the light looks good too! Paint can make all the difference in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gray! Of course, I love gray. She was right about the color change. Gray can look green, blue, or tan depending on the light. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the way the sunlight comes into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to decorate and a bit unnerving too, I'm sure. Looks lovely.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Seems like the perfect shade of gray. Like the new lights, too. x

    ReplyDelete