Saturday, November 11, 2017

How 32 Cents Got Really Expensive



As you've probably heard, the Fixer Upper folks have just come out with their new line of Christmas and housewares decor called "Hearth And Hand".


Target Website

I walked right into the middle of the Christmas collection at Target yesterday while waiting for a prescription to be filled. The main colors of the Hearth and Hand's Christmas decor are black, white, and green. 



Target.com

Wild Bill dropped me off at Target to fill a prescription, and I was going to stop at a few stores around Target while he was at the bookstore in the next block. 

I'd planned to walk down the block and end up at the bookstore, but instead I had to text him to pick me up. 

I sent him a picture of my cart full of Christmas with a text that said:


"Need you to pick me up after all...
Found lots of Christmas stuff to buy.
On a good note, my prescription was only 32 cents!"


Here's what he texted back:



So let's look at the new Christmas stuff from Hearth and Hand shall we?


This wreath is done with white berries instead of the typical red ones. I like the colors and style because I think they will look good even after Christmas during the cold winter months.



Two long, chime-type bells hang down from the top. If hung on a door, it will sound off every time the door is open.

There are two types of Hearth and Hand wreaths. This is the one I bought, but there was a Lambs Ear one too.



I found I liked the Lambs Ear garland even though I didn't buy that type of wreath. I bought two of the 9-foot garland, and I plan to buy a few more of those.





My favorite purchase was this white throw with blanket stitches in dark green. 



There were some real pretty matching white knit pillows (without the blanket stitching), but I already have some similar ones from Pottery Barn that are just as nice.



Here it is paired with last year's $14 Christmas pillow from T J Max.

I think I forgot to mention the throw has cute green pom-pom's on each of the corners.



Let's get another shot of that throw...as the song says, 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


That's all I bought of Hearth and Hand stuff, but I did buy some other things while I was at Target. 

I bought three boxes of these lights:





I'm always a sucker for the small, battery-operated twinkle lights! These were hard to pass up because I love the tiny flocked pinecones in the strand of lights.

The battery pack takes two, AA batteries and can be turned to "on" or to a 6-hour timer. 



I'll put a strand or two of lights on this wreath when I hang it, and I'll probably need three strands for the two long garlands.  

As you can tell, I'm gonna need to buy at least two more strands of these lights!



Here's some cute appetizer-size plates from Target's Dollar Spot (usually at the front of Target stores) where things are regularly priced at $1, $3, or $5.



The little plates were a set-of-two package for $3. I like to use these type of seasonal plates as coasters. There were several more designs to choose from, including a buffalo checked black-and-red one.



I bought this Merry Christmas pillow too...




A large gallon, canning-jar-type canister that I plan to put lights in until after the cold winter passes...



And, for the practical side of the holiday, I bought a new remote control plug-in device, with three receptors, for our old Christmas lights. 

We already have something similar, but they aren't flat like these.


Well,...32 cents for my prescription and a good bit more for the Christmas decor! As always, all opinions are my own and I was not paid or reimbursed for my purchases.

I'm happy with everything except the red pillow, which is a little too bright and too much red for me, now that I've gotten to like the black, white and green look of the Hearth and Home decor. 

I'll probably return the red pillow when I go back to buy more twinkling, pinecone lights. Meanwhile, I'm joining the party at Foodie Friday And Everything Else. Hope you'll hop over there too.




Thanks for dropping by!



18 comments:

  1. Well, no wonder Wild Bill had to pick you up! You are so funny! The Christmas decorations you bought are really pretty. Don't know why, but I am already in the mood to decorate for Christmas. We might as well...the days go by so fast. You did good on the prescription....32 cents. You can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just look at it as you spent the prescription savings. lol I like everything you bought. It is always fun to check out things when a new line comes out. Not sure what I am doing for Christmas decorating this year....not much because so much of my stuff is packed up for moving.

    Have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between what we pay for our regular health insurance, and the extra we pay for part B of Medicare, it really isn't as cheap as it might sound to get it for 32 cents! LOL.

      Delete
  3. Like the look of the white and green designs. I'm going to look for that flat plugin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll start with congrats on the deal on your meds!

    I haven't been by Target to check out the new Hearth and Hand line, but I am liking what others are showing. And, I love the little lights you found. I might just head to Target today to see if I can find any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself wishing I had bought all they had when I was there. I know it's crazy, but things come out so early and are gone so quickly that you have to buy them as soon as you see them or they're gone!

      Delete
  5. WOW!!! You certainly scored some lovely finds . . . if your husband loved Christmas as much as mine does, he will be delighted with all the new pretties :) Your home is going to sparkle.
    Happy Early Christmas.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all. I was just thinking this morning that I am going to start decorating this next week. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, by starting early this year I just might be ready in time to enjoy the two weeks before Christmas for once. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  7. Yikes!
    I'd better stay out of Target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rebecca, I blame my stop there on my Middle Daughter for telling me about the Hearth and Hand line coming out in early November.

      Delete
  8. His face is hysterical! I love it! I also love everything you purchased. I am not generally a Target shopper, but you have convinced me to pop by. Those pinecone lights are the best! Can't see your house decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Can't WAIT to see your house decorated! Silly phone...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything that you purchased. I really liked their show and I am surprised that they would put their products at Target. Lucky for us.

    Thanks for sharing all the goodies, as I don't get to Target much.

    Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great finds, I love them, and they're perfect!! I gotta go to Target!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just returned from the Arizona and was in Target looking at all their Christmas stuff! All I bought was a light bulb. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, such cute things! Love the pine-cone lights and that throw looks so cuddly. Your hubby's face is priceless! x K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! I just love his expression! Quite the character. Great finds! xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete