Friday, November 17, 2017

Vintage Market Days In McKinney Texas



The Vintage Market Days event was back in McKinney Texas this weekend. Opening day was Friday, which is the day I went. 



Vintage Market Days travels to different areas and features vendors from the local area, as well as vendors from neighboring states. It's a mix of new, old, hand-made, one-of-a-kind, and commercially-made products. You just never know what you'll find!

I'm leading off with my favorite purchase. Deer antlers - inside a frame - attached to an uneven plaque with a button type screw - made of boards painted aged-down-white. Just the type of rustic, overly complicated things I like!




You may not be able to see it, but as they say here in the South, "Honey, it has my name written all over it!"

Sadly, the lady vendor who sold the rabbits painted on rustic boards at the Vintage Market Days event mentioned in this post was not at today's event. I was disappointed as I was sort of determined to buy one if it was reasonably priced.



Speaking of things I love...As a lot of you suggested I do, I tracked down the lady vendor who sold me this soup tureen and soup bowls the last time the Vintage Market Days event was in our area.


She still had the matching platter (marked down to $14 instead of the original $19) and this time I was smart enough to buy it.



Next up, two little ironware-type platters for $7.50 each. They don't look tiny enough in this photo by themselves, so I put them on the blue edged platter to show their size.




Here's a look at the printing on the back of the little platters, which says Iroquois China, Syracuse N.Y. (last line ?)




These lengths of pine boughs (?) were only $4 each. They have little pinecones on them just like the little twinkle lights with pinecones I bought the other day at Target. 




I guess you can sense it's going to be a very rustic Christmas at our house this year!



I was carrying a lot of stuff by the time I saw these wreaths with berries. I wanted three of them for a special project so I hatched a plan to buy just one ($12.50) so I wouldn't forget them!



By the time I remembered them, I was clear across the expo center sitting on a chair waiting for Wild Bill to pick me up. Oh Crap! One will have to do...

If you're in the Dallas area, did you make it to this event?



If you're not local, the Vintage Market Days event travels around to different states. Here's a LINK to their national schedule if you're interested in attending or maybe even selling there. Several of the vendors at the event were local people who have booths in local shops and malls.

Come join me at the party! I'll be at Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings - The Heart of The Home.



Thanks for dropping by!



P.S. I thought maybe I should change that word crap, but when I looked it up to see if I was being too harsh, I found it was actually the perfect word to show how I felt at that moment so I left it in:

Crap | Define Crap at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/crap

crap out, Slang. to abandon a project, activity, etc., because of fear, cowardice, exhaustion, loss of enthusiasm, etc. Slang. to break a promise or fail to fulfill a duty or obligation; renege.
Full of crap · ‎Crap out · ‎Crap around · ‎Crap up






9 comments:

  1. I will have to check out that schedule. I love things like this. I would love to have one of those rabbit paintings for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great purchases. I love that rabbit, have to show it to my husband and see if he'll paint one for me, not on board, but canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your purchases.

    I was at a thrift shop yesterday with a visiting Instagram friend. She found some ironstone plates that she thought I should buy. After reading your post, I think I need to go back and buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, he says he'll paint it for me, he hates copying other people's work but he agreed to do it for me. He even has a grey piece of wood to paint it on.
    Just out of curiosity, what was the lady charging for hers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was around $180, but not sure. It was something affordable, but not cheap. I didn't want to get too into it at that time as I wasn't planning to buy one, but the more I look at the picture of it, the more I love it.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love everything you bought, and I want a bunny picture like that one! Those deer antlers look amazing. I want to show Poppy when he gets home. I would love to try making one. Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the things you bought...we have quite a few craft fairs here, too. Lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some antlers, what wonderful way to frame them. Lots of lovely buys, aren't you lucky. I'm assuming Wild Bill did pick you up. I'm sure if I did that my husband would keep driving if he saw me with all that stuff. Happy decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like quite an event! And you did very well!

    ReplyDelete