Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Making Things Instead Of Spending Money




My Grandma was frugal and always liked to repeat the quote: 

Use It Up, Wear It Out, Make It Do, Or You Do Without!


One of the best sources of inspiration for using things up is the blog... Confessions Of A Serial DIYer.

Christy used two old picture frames and a few odd pieces of crapola to make this adorable Cupcake Stand.


She recently posted a Top Ten Projects From 2017 post that will tickle your fancy and hopefully inspire you to make something out of the junk you were going to get rid of anyway.

If you're participating in No-Spend/Low-Spend January, Christy's ideas for creating things from what you have just might help you stay away from the stores this month.

If you want to know more about how she made the cupcake stand, you can get all the details from her Repurposed Pitcher Frames post HERE.

If you're looking for lots of inspiration and ideas, check out her Top Ten Projects From 2017 post HERE.



Thanks for dropping by!




8 comments:

  1. Wow thank you so much for the shout-out! What an honor! Happy New Year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many creative people out there...and love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do with whatcha got!
    My most popular post of all time with nearly 5000 views is Use it Up, Wear it Out, Make it Do, or Do Without. I wrote it during a time when I had no choice but to do it! http://bit.ly/1VUC8c7 Happy new year! Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!I wish you a Happy New Year!Beautiful post.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandma would be so proud of me because I like to "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." Mainly because I hate shopping! :D But, seriously now, I loved seeing you use one of my favorite words ever: "crapola!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, there use to be a blog that I haven't seen in a long time, where she showed her DIY stuff and the best of it she called "Holy Crap". I got so many enjoyable laughs out of that blog, wish I could find it again.

      Delete
  6. A great motto to live by! The cupcake stand is very cute.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete