Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Favorites



Seems like it's Friday all the time. The weeks just fly by don't they? 

Here's a few of my favorites this week...


Faux Candles:  Love the flickering-flame faux candles. They look so real! I buy the ones with bark-like sides from Pottery Barn.


Faux Candle

My all time favorite thing to do is prank Wild Bill by setting one right next to his beloved flat-screen TV while he's out of the room and then watch him panic when he thinks it's a real candle flame. He falls for it almost.every.time.


Faux Candle From PotteryBarn

By the way, there is such a thing as TOO BIG when it comes to TV screens. Don't let anyone tell you any different. 

Wild Bill wanted a 65-inch flat screen last year, which meant it would be too big to hang over the fireplace. It was almost impossible to get home and we had to find a TV cabinet to fit it, which was very hard to do. 

Even Wild Bill admits he wouldn't buy a TV over 55 inches in the future. Just too darn big.

Recent Release: The Man Who Invented Christmas is out in DVD. 

We loved this movie (about the process of writing the book, A Christmas Carol) when it was in the theatre last December! 

We bought the DVD at Walmart as soon as we saw it was for sale. At just $17, it was more than worth it as we know we will be watching it over and over.



If you're a Downton Abbey fan, this movie stars Dan Stevens as the author Charles Dickens. If you remember, Dan Stevens played Mathew Crowley who was married to Lady Mary until his too early demise.



Christopher Plummer actually stole the movie with his portrayal of the feisty Mr. Scrooge.  

Scrooge, along with the whole cast of characters from A Christmas Carol, weave in and out of this Victorian Era story about the hardships of the time and the impact Mr. Dickens' book had on the people of that era.




Thanks for dropping by!




13 comments:

  1. Hilarious prank. And I love the candle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They really do. And they come on for 6 hours and turn themselves off if you set them on the timer setting. They use 2 - C or D batteries depending on the size and they run on those for quite a long time.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to ask you, have you heard of the interior designer Kelly Hoppen? I love her work. Possibly not your look, but still very talented. I'd love her to come and do my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check her out. She's probably way out of my league though and would cringe if she stopped by. It should be obvious I'm more early junk shop than actual designer style!

      Delete
    2. I think we all have our own unique style really. Well some people have no style at all, and that's the worse! :D

      Delete
  4. What a neat movie. I have never heard of it, but will be looking for it now. Plus, there's enough snow here to believe it is Christmas and not Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love faux candles and use them almost all the time now. And The Man Who Invented Christmas was a terrific movie. Glad it's on DVD -- I might have to add that one to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love faux candles!! At Christmas, Joe picked up a set of 3 at Wegman's that look so real. I wish I would have had him get another set of 2!! Yes, more is more!!! I will have to get this movie as I Love anything Christmas and I love that time frame!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The candle prank made me laugh! My hubby would do the same thing. Speaking of t.v's. Hubby is wanting a bigger one. I don't love an elephant in the room and think the size we have is fine. He let's me buy whatever I want and never says a word, so how can I object? I haven't heard of the movie, but betting I would love it.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you for mentioning the DVD. I have been wanting to see this movie. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, how did I miss these candles? I was just at Pottery Barn, buying that new coffee table of their’s, the one that looks all barn wood-y, and has the hinged lid that lifts up and serves as a table. Do you know the one? Anyway, I looked at everything, and I’m not sure how I missed these candles, but I am a huge fan of faux candles, have a lot of them, but none with bark on them, and I must have these! What a wonderfully informative post.

    ReplyDelete