Sunday, May 12, 2019

Professional Photos When Selling Your Home



This is the first time we've had professional photos taken of a home we are selling. 

The weather has been rainy and overcast all week so taking photos required as many lights as possible.



I do believe it's worth the cost to have professional photos taken, but luckily our realtor provides the photographer's photos as part of the service that she provides for her fee.



The photographer's photos show our home so much better than mine! 



I'm inspired by her photos and definitely plan to get a wide-angled lens and take some photography classes when we get re-settled in the future.




Here's her photos of the two guest rooms. I like how she got the rooms in full view, including the vaulted ceilings. All our bedroom ceilings are vaulted to about 16 feet, which makes it difficult to photograph.




The bathroom between the guest rooms has a tiled bathtub/shower combo. I like how she managed to reflect the tile that goes up the shower wall in the mirror while showing off the best view of the bathroom.



She also got the laundry room view in one photo while it took me two photos to get it all in.



So I'm sold on the value of a professional photographer when it comes to selling a home. 

If you saw my photos in the last post, I think you'll agree it isn't just that she used a wide-angled lens, but that a professional has a better eye for details.

If you'll share your opinion, I'd like to hear your thoughts on using a professional photographer and whether you've used one in the past. Did it help your home sell faster?

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms and grandmas out there! I hope you're enjoying your day and letting someone else do all the cooking. 


Thanks for dropping by!




21 comments:

  1. Beautiful. It should sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I never thought of getting a wide angle lens...now, well I sure am tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your beautiful home photographs so well. I wish I had your touch!

      Delete
  3. Yes- We used a professional photographer for the last home we sold. He also did a video-You can see that by clicking the link or copying and pasting it into your search platform. https://vimeo.com/182568861

    We are in the process at our office of looking for a professional. Actually my son is an amature photographer that has done lots of weddings, etc. but he just does not have the time.

    Your home is absolutely gorgeous, Sugar. Really beautiful and I bet it will sell right away. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di. And thanks for your tips and support all along this process. You've been a great help and shoulder to cry on.

      Delete
  4. Yes, the photos do look good. When I sold the professional photographer was included in the fees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we are out of practice as we haven't moved in quite a while since Bill retired. I really think the realtor's are smart to include it.

      Delete
  5. Photography was included in the package when we sold our home. Hope you sell quickly and find the home you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a professional can fix up a multitude of lighting problems if the home is dark and get just the right angles. Your home looks just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have plenty of light when we don't have the windows' solar shades on, but then it's harder to cool in the hot summer sun. Solar shades here in Texas are a necessity due to the blaring hot sun from June to Sept.

      Delete
  7. A beauty of a home. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our realtor took professional photos of our house that is for sale right now too. I think most do now. So many look on line to find houses that the best pictures you can provide is the way to go.
    So far it hasn't helped the sale of our house!!
    There is just not many people looking to buy houses in the area where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your area is so lovely when you show it in your walks. Hoping you and I both sell soon. Time to move on to different things.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your well wishes!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Your home is lovely!
    Although, I know you're putting this on the market, I missed your 'personal' decor.
    Praying for a fast $ale of your home.
    Looking forward to the next chapter in your life!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Pat...me too! I feel like I've divorced the house already.

      Delete
  11. It looks great, though your photos are pretty in the previous as well. But the light and the wider view is better for potential buyers! I would not buy a wide angle lens. They are not that useful, unless you need it professionally. I have an adapter for one of mine, that can do a wider view. There are lens that are more useful and give a nicer photo.
    xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you will do a post on this in the future. It would really be helpful.

      Delete
  12. Great photos! Hope you sell your home in a flash. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. S, they really are great photos. Someone recently told me when they saw the professional photos of their home for sale, they thought "If I'd know our house looked this good, I wouldn't have put it up for sale!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, my mother said that about her little cottage in California when she saw the photos of the renovations my brother did before putting it up for sale. Our realtor and photographer both said they would buy our house if they had the money. Right now I am just looking forward to an apartment for 6 months while we decide where to settle.

      Delete