A while back, Middle Daughter's chandelier started getting an overhaul. Jaysa wanted a Pottery Barn chandelier, and I told her she just needed to paint her's...sounds so easy, right?
Well it was. Easy on me anyway...she did most of the work!
In early Fall, I started it for her. Did all the easy parts. Then I went home the next day and she had to climb way up and paint the chain and the cap at the ceiling.
She said the worst was getting a brush into the area where the spokes of the chandelier meet at the top of the light, just before the chain.
She had wanted to take it down and spray paint it, but her not-so-brilliant mother said:
"Why not just paint it in place with chalk paint?"I often make an easy project into a very complicated one - It's my gift! You can read how it started last September here. This is the original Pottery Barn light that started it all.
And this is what her chandelier looked like before it got its makeover. She had taken off one ugly globe and tried an Edison light in one socket on the left there, you know...just to see.
The only thing left is to paint all the white sockets that hold the Edison bulbs.
But since we are visiting her again right now, she and I are debating whether she could make a cover for each socket out of the center of toilet paper rolls and just paint them black and slip them on. Like I said before, it gets very complicated in my world!
The room is a work-in-progress right now, and it's hard to get a good picture with the way the light from the window works.
When the room is done, I'll post it. Meanwhile, Middle Daughter is painting her woodwork white (see top orange wood trim), working on a chalkboard she made but had a 'fail' on the stained wood frame of it (see above picture) and adding more trim to the baseboards, etc.
Thanks for dropping by and...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!