Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dreaming Of A New Back Yard


Finally I found a picture of a yard we both agree on. Wild Bill likes pergolas while I love shade trees, but this would be shady enough for me.


The picture is from Better Homes and Gardens magazine and it's a perfect space in my opinion. That much perfection though will require more $$ than we can afford right now. But, at least we have a reference of where to start. Due to budget limitations, we'll start with the patio base and just leave room for the pergola and fireplace. My philosophy is you can do anything a piece at a time.

Off to the left of the dream patio, we would want to put in a garden. Of course, in my dreams, it will be one like Meryl Streep had in the movie It's Complicated.



I've been reading about putting in gardens, so now I think I'm an expert -- just like when I read Julia Childs and think I can bake! I would not have considered attempting this 3 or 4 garden books back.

Well, while we're dreaming, we still have empty space to the right of the patio, so let's throw in a pool. Here's my ideal pool from a magazine photo I clipped a long time ago. I don't know where I got it, but I would love to give you credit -- and come by for a swim -- if you let me know it's yours!



Man, that seems like a lot of work to do. I better buy a lotto ticket then get back to my garden books and rest up!

5 comments:

  1. We have been talking about putting in a pergola like that over our back patio, or doing a wood frame with a removeable canvas maybe. That garden is beautiful! I loved everything about Meryl Streep's house in that movie, I could watch it just for the decorating inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be wonderful to have a backyard like that to enjoy--But then reality for me sets in and I realize I'd have to share it with the dogs and like you win the lottery!! :-) But it never, ever hurts to wish and dream!!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the inspiration photos. I like pergolas but I also like my own space/nitch of a small gazebo to have coffee in my robe. I mean IN my robe having coffee ha haa. Little at ah time works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspiration pictures! I would LOVE to win the lottery too so that I could have my dream yard as well...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plans/hopes for your garden are wonderful. I love that pool and the It's Complicated garden.
    Isn't gardening wonderful?

    I am a new follower- and I enjoyed visiting.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete