Friday, May 22, 2015

Recycling Rooms While Dreaming Of New Stuff






Well, since last we talked I have totally
torn up the house to redecorate...

You know how that goes, right?


You decide to focus on one room -- and that
requires you to move almost every piece of
furniture around in the rest of the house --
it's some freaking law of nature!
While stacking stuff on a cabinet, I think I
discovered the right colors for our house!
The aged-yellow frame on the chicken picture
represents the kitchen cabinets...
and some of the other furniture... 

The aged-creamy-white of the chalkboard
represents most of our white furniture and 
the color of the window and door trim.

I love black, brown, dark green, and deep
rose for accent colors right now...
I think I'm over blue!
 Did you noticed the Restoration Hardware
paint chip? 

That's going on some walls if I get brave
enough to go to the dark side!

Most of the Restoration Hardware stores are
painted with that slate color now. I love how
RH mixes the dark gray color with the bare 
and aged wood look...

Here's my favorite two pieces of RH furniture:
 The St James bed frame and the
Willems table in bare wood...

 
or coffee stain...
Have you noticed that Restoration Hardware
never stocks anything in the stores anymore?

I tried to buy a gallon of the slate paint last
week, but when I took the gallon can to the
checkout,  the saleslady said it was for
"...display purposes only..."

I took the chip and decided to have it color
matched at Home Depot. I like their Behr's
Paint-and-Primer brand better anyway, and I can
buy a smaller sized sample in case I chicken out.




Thanks for dropping by!


Dwellings-the Heart Of Your Home


Miss Mustard Seed's



16 comments:

  1. You are so brave. It all sounds beautiful. I love your furnishings! I got over blue too. :) Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the dark side. Who ever heard of not stocking paint... I would so love to paint a room eggplant, but I too am chicken. Don't know if I could live in the dark, what with electricity prices the way they keep going up...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kind of giggling thinking about you going to The Dark Side. Kind of like my visits to The Dark Woods!?
    It is a mess for sure when you start moving stuff around---the whole house is upturned. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it makes the house a wreck for a short time, moving things around always gives you a new perspective on your home and treasures....you get to shake things up a bit! :-) I love that color...can't wait to see how it turns out on the walls!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Be brave, be bold. . .live life to its fullest, dear friend!!!
    Here on my side of the Prairie. . .I went white, light and bright and it has made all the difference in the world!!! Love, LOVE, L O V E it!!!
    I'll be watching for an upcoming "Progress Report" and a reveal!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Oh, that "Furniture Scootin' Boogie" has been playing here, too!!! Photos coming, soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautiful taste, and I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be a delightful, decorating deed!

    Thanks for lovely comment over at Kris' yesterday!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, sometimes moving things around gives you new ideas and I like where you're going with your décor. I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

    By the way, I really love that gorgeous cabinet that your TV is on. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right! That happens to me too, I start moving one thing and the whole house is upside down before I know it!
    You have beautiful decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how that happens! I alway want to paint and then I want all new stuff! You have gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, those colors are so pretty together. White furniture would look awesome against those dark walls. I'm excited to see how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to know I am not the only one whose whole house gets torn apart to to change "one" room ;) Looking forward to seeing how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh now that's an interesting and probably effective way of doing things. Hope that I remember to come back to see how it all pulls together. I hope that all is well for you ... I do worry about my Texas blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, gosh! I so need to visit you more often! I can't wait to see what you come up with! You have some beautiful stuff! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/05/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_31.html Hope to see you tomorrow for Make it Pretty Monday! Have a beautiful Sunday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring will do that to you :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't been to RH for a while, but I love the furniture pieces you shared. I think that color is gorgeous! I have cream walls and a very open floor plan. Would like a change, but just not sure. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing. I wanted to let you know that I have a new series that is a compilation of all of the weekly features of all of the parties at The Dedicated House. You of course, were one of those features. Here is the link to the Weekly Feature Series. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/features-from-week.html Pop on over and check out all of the features. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete