Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Movie Quick List




So many movies right now! We saw more than a few of them recently and most were pretty good. Here's our list:


The Heart of The Sea. Wild Bill wanted to see this one, me not so much. Men go out on a boat in the late 1800's to chase whales...where's the story there? But I ended up loving it so much that I saw it twice in one week and would go see it again! 

Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Loved it. Don't listen to the critics and don't let anyone tell you about it before you see it. If you love the original, you will probably love this one too.

Sisters. Two 39-and-holding sisters go home to clean out their old bedroom when their parents decide to sell the house they grew up in. We haven't laughed so hard in a movie in a long time. Even youngest daughter, who hates to go to the movie, said she laughed 'til the tears ran down her cheeks. Some foul language, be forewarned.


Joy. Single mom has a gift for designing products and collecting crazies. We both wanted to see this one and had high expectations. Afterwards we were on the fence. Good in some parts, slow in other parts.

The Big Short. Again, I went because Wild Bill chose it, but ended up loving it myself. Great explanations of what happened to all the money in the housing crash and too-big-to-fail situation.




Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. You make me want to see "Sisters". I've never been a movie goer either. I would probably like "The Heart of The Sea" too. There has always been something about the ocean that scares and excites me. I liked the movie, The Perfect Storm".

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so behind! The only one we've seen is Joy and we thought it was boring which was such a shock with that cast. Can't wait to see Star Wars and Sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a movie theater since "Hitchcock" came out with Helen Mirren and Anthony Hopkins and I didn't want to see "The Heart of the Sea" but now you've made me want to!
    I want to see Star Wars but I need to watch the original one again. It's been too long and I've forgotten details.
    I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler but I'll probably wait until it's a DVD.
    The same goes for the Big Short.
    Doubt if I will see the other one.
    Thanks for the reviews!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're not much of movie-goers. Not a big Star Wars fan, more Star Trek--looking forward to that new one. We have Mr. Holmes with Ian McKellar from Netflix waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't go to the movies too much, but thank you for your suggestions. Clearly Wild Bill has some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rivercrest Cottage,
    I'd love to have my Sister come for a visit and go see Sisters!!! Thanks for the Movie Review!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a Star Wars fan and won't see it...but the hubster saw it last night. I'm waiting to hear his review! :-) Sisters is most definitely on my "to watch" list! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only movie I saw was Star Wars, but want to see Sisters and Joy and the Whale one now.

    ReplyDelete