Thursday, April 19, 2018

Cheap Craigslist Cubby Find



A few mornings after posting about my love for the $1000 green cubicle storage shelves I saw in a store in McKinney, I opened the local Craigslist link and the first item for sale was...


Photo From Craigslist - Cubbie Shelf Listed For $45

Turned out the seller lived nearby (less than a mile) and, according to Google Maps, it would take 3 minutes driving time to pick it up. 

After arrangements were made to go pick it up, we were quickly on our way...one of us was happy and smiling at the thought of having this vintage piece and the other one was not!

Now this little storage shelf is nowhere near as big as that huge green cubby shelf, but it's perfectly cute and I can paint it any color I want...maybe I'll even paint it green like the McKinney one HERE.


Large Green Cubby Shelf For Sale In McKinney Tx

The best part of buying this cubby shelf is that it's clean without any dirt caked on the bottom shelves...the worst part is there's no chipping paint patina. 

As Gilda Radner used to say: 


"It's always something!"





Thanks for dropping by!






SaveSave

13 comments:

  1. Did you get it? Have you ever looked at Chairish? My Sista loves it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is wonderful. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO what a neat find. I hope you bought it!!!

    You had me laughing - my brother and I have a thing we do - "It's always something". I loved Gilda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! My husband is never thrilled to go pick up something, but usually sees the light in the end :) Thanks for stopping by my blog--and I am glad to find yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky! That is awesome. I love the old SNL clips. Those were the best years...or maybe I'm just old! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kim. Back then SNL was actually funny! Haven't watched it in years now due to all the politics.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE cubbies....I've been looking for one, too. I had a small one but when we moved, I sold it...don't know why 'cause I liked it a lot. Yours is sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, I wonder why we do that? I've given away and sold many things that I wish I'd kept. I'm going to hang onto this one as I want to build a larger one someday and will use this to copy the construction. Your new pool area looks fantastic!

      Delete
  7. Well, you beat all, finding just what you want on Craigslist! I like it and can't wait to see what you do with it! I had to laugh about "one of you being happy" on the drive to pick it up. I was thinking too about the perfect chair you found and it was right there in your neighborhood. I was on Craigslist first thing this morning looking for an outside table to use up at the garden/playhouse. There's one in Durham for $20.00!! I really like it and have emailed them. Maybe it's for me. I loved that last issue of Country Living, all about antiques. Thanks Sharon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS always something and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, well done, and finding it less than a mile away was a big bonus. I look forward to seeing how you fill it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you found one. I know you did a happy dance. Looking forward to seeing the end results.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete