Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11


On this day, it's hard not to think of 9/11/2001.

Everyone seems to remember where they were when they learned of the attacks. I was living near Seattle, so it was early morning for us and we were getting ready for work. We watched in horror as the second plane hit. Stunned, we were still compelled to go to work. Yet, as I drove through the gates at work early that morning, the thought would not leave my mind that our lives had changed forever. Two hours later, I went home and stayed in bed for 3 days. I still feel overwhelming grief on this day. I truly hope that we will never forget.

We changed our lives soon after that day. Within 6 months, we had moved half way across the country and changed jobs to ones we liked better. I hope you are where you want to be too. Life is too short to be unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment