Tuesday, October 1, 2019

It's Been A While




Hey Y'all!  It's been a while since I've caught up!

That's because we bought that house we were looking at in my last post, but there's no access to internet in our whole subdivision... and, actually, none even in our neck of the woods!



Are ya asking...


"How can that be in this day and age?"

Well, believe me, we have asked that over and over ourselves. We didn't find out about it until the day before we were to close, and we were so tired of living in Hampton Inn hotels in Mississippi that we bought the house anyway!

We're told 2 to 4 months is all we have to wait to join the 21st Century...

Meanwhile, Starbucks in my friend now! Wild Bill doesn't feel well enough to sit in Starbucks for long periods of time, so I've decided to go by myself when possible.

I've met some wonderful people in our new area. Call it what you will...God/the universe/the goodness of mankind...however you label it in your mind, that goodness is getting me through these days of change.

We're living south of Memphis, right between Olive Branch and Southaven Mississippi. Olive Branch looks like a scene from a 1920's early American town. 



I'm a sucker for small towns after all, and a town with a main road through it called "Pigeons Roost" is a town worth exploring in my book! 



I haven't had a chance to really get to know Olive Branch, but hope to in the future.

Wild Bill continues on with chemo treatment. Some weeks (like this one) his platelets are too low so he has to skip treatment. He did a CT scan last month and it showed the cancer is stable so we are hopeful. 

Bill likes the clinic and the people, and we're doing the best we can to keep life normal. They say God doesn't give you more than you can bear, but honestly sometimes I question that.

Hope to hear from y'all soon! I'm trying to make the rounds on all your blogs, but not having internet really makes it difficult. 

Please drop me a comment and let me know what you're up to if you can. I've missed you all so much.



Thanks For Dropping By!




21 comments:

  1. wow! No internet access, I bet you can hardly wait until they connect it. The town looks adorable, I hope you will be very happy there. Great to hear that the treatment has been stabilizing, I hope that a full remission will be possible in the future.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house! I guess with all the free time you have not mindlessly surfing the web you have lots of time to make it a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a client back out of their dream house because there was NO internet and it was only a mile from town/the airport.

    I know the ups and downs you are going through, Sugar, having been through many of them myself.

    I am glad you are in a small town you like and glad you have a Starbucks for the internet. I know that it is hard to be isolated and not have the computer as an escape.

    Take good care-much love to you- drop me a line when you have time/internet. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear from you I have been worried.
    Congrats on the new home. Looks lovely. What a quaint little town - it sounds neat. That will be fun exploring. WOW, on no internet.
    Prayers for your husband - I pray that God lays His healing hands upon him each day. You are never out of my prayers.

    Gods blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I always know you are there praying for us. You don't know what it means to me.

      Delete
  5. No internet? Mr. K and I are on a week long cruise where internet is sketchy (and expensive) and it's driving me crazy! I can't imagine 3 or 4 months. Glad to see you are settling in and that Bill is stable.
    Jan in New England (really from PA)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it had to be hard being "disconnected" and moving, especially with Bill's chemo concerns. Sending loads of good wishes to you as you settle in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, the real problem is everyone thinks you have internet these days and send emails...which we don't get.

      Delete
  7. Sometimes I wish there was no Internet and life was easier and kinder. However, we are all addicted to it, and it is not going away. I am glad you are in your home now and you are liking it. Small towns are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to hear from you again. I've been praying for you both and am happy to hear you like your new area. Hope that internet comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some places way out in the country here that do not have internet access but it seems amazing so close to civilisation. It looks and sounds a lovely area and the time will fly till you get that internet. Glad things are stable for Wild Bill. Hugs from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so good to hear from you. Tennessee is a beautiful State. Glad you found a home there. I didn't realize there were still places without access to internet. As backward as this county seems to be, I'm surprised we have internet. :) Hope Bill continues to improve. I've sure thought about you both. By the time you do get internet, maybe you will have added all your special decorating skills to your new home and can show us pictures. I know it will be simply beautiful. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henny, you give me way more credit than I deserve! I have abut a hundred boxes in our garage and can't get up the energy to open them. We are now dealing with heart problems for Bill, which we just did not need right now. Hope you are doing well in your snug little farmhouse.

      Delete
  11. I love the names of the town and the street. I hope Bill's treatment keeps going well. my daughter moved a couple of months ago and was without the internet for a few weeks. As she is unwell, has impaired hearing and on her own it was difficult but happily there was free wifi across the road in McDonalds. Glad you are in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your small town looks wonderful. I guess there are good and bad things about not having internet for awhile, but as my business is online I wouldn't be able to handle it. Sending healing thoughts to Bill. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. The town looks darling. I am sure you missed being in a home. Praying for Bill. I hope he gets a good report. I know the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle but I agree, sometime it does feel like it. Praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I think He has more confidence in me that I deserve. Bill's cardiologist phoned on Friday to say the results of his Echocardiogram was not good. He may need surgery, which he is in no shape to do. Life just kind of sucks right now. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  14. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Great News that Wild Bill's cancer is stable!
    What???
    NO internet???
    Unbelievable. . .but, I do believe You!
    The Town looks interesting. . .
    but I'm, truly, an Urban Dweller in my Senior Years.
    Praying for healing for Wild Bill.
    Praying strength for you. . .
    also, that God sends you a Christian friend.
    Blessings upon the two of you.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers for you and your husband! Hope the cancer stays under control. No Internet...but I bet you find plenty of stuff to do instead. Hope you like the new house and the small town looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see a new post from you, and that you are settled in your new home. Having no internet would be torture, so I hope they do sort it out sometime in the next few months! I'm also glad Wild Bill's cancer is stable. Long may it say that way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't imagine being without internet, but I'm sure you'll make good use of all that free time, getting to know the neighborhood and sorting the house. I hope that you are both very happy!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete