Monday, August 29, 2011

Shopping My Own Garage

I don't believe I'm actually showing you this mess, but it's for a purpose.




Each week, when Friday comes around, I get the itch to go garage-sale-ing or thrift store trolling. But, when I go, I have to go through my garage to get to the car outside (the car that can't fit in a 2-car garage due to crap I have stored in here.)

At this point, I start thinking; "...maybe it's time to get this stuff un-boxed and all those projects finished or abandon them forever?"


I mean...really...do I need any more stuff when all this is waiting for me to get 'round tu-it? (Honestly, I can actually hear my three minimalist daughters muttering under their breath right now, even though all three are in different states from me!)



There's the pale wood bed frame that needs a color change... well, at least part of the bed frame. The footboard is here, but the headboard is down at the old house. There's also a pile of pictures, rolling bins of knick-knacks, bags and tubs of out of season clothes...you name it, I've got it.



So, I guess it's time to get 'er done! I'll be posting each time I shop the garage. I've decided to do the following:


  • take a picture of each item I 'shop' from my garage, then...


  • make a decision on whether it stays, goes to a relative, or gets donated to charity...


  • if it stays, I'm planning to complete the project by doing whatever is needed to make it over before I go "shopping" in my garage again


    All this is left even though I've already taken two pickup truck loads to my mother-in-law this week. Some of her stuff was mixed in with mine since we were storing some of her stuff while she got settled in too.


I'm vowing, here and now, to get my act together and get this stuff fixed up and painted...or get rid of them permanently. Just a few simple decisions and we'll have our garage back! I'm simply tired of moving this stuff from one side of the garage to the other.



Ya'll come back soon and check my progress. Hopefully, there will be progress. Otherwise it's all going to charity. I promise.







4 comments:

  1. Yes I need to do this too-I have so many projects that never got finished. I keep telling myself it's like eating an elephant -one bite at a time. Sometimes I feel like it will never get everything cleaned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a normal garage to me ;-)
    Some projects we need to psych up for like a football game. Motivation sometimes we need a cheering section lol. I hope the weather is getting better by you and not so darn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to have a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love to shop garage sales, I hate to have them. I would rather donate to GW or Salvation Army, which is what I've been doing. So far, I've made two trips.

    ReplyDelete