Sunday, July 26, 2015

What I'm Working On


I like to tackle a few projects at a time.

 This is what I'm working on this week.
All these projects are waiting to be waxed.
Old Laundry Basket
 I used a variety of colors to add some age to
this basket I bought at a garage sale for $2.
 When I got tired of dabbing each color on, I
poured a little of each into a plastic jar and made a
slurry of a gray-brown sludge and dabbed that on.
 I used ASCP in French Gray and Vintage Market
and Design's Burlap and Taupe. 

Vintage Market and Design's paint is something
I started using lately, and I must say I like their
paint better than the other brands of chalk-type
paint. It's thinner and is really easy to distress.



This is another current project, two old wood
frames bought for $5 each. I used VMD's paint in
the color "Cotton" and distressed with a damp
green dish scraper.
The frames are going to become hand towel
holders in the master bathroom. 


I bought these two horses heads for $15 at a
thrift shop and plan to paint them. I was going
to put a backing board in the middle of the
frames and hang the horse heads in there to
hold a hand towel...
But my plan went astray when it turned out
the horses don't fit in the middle square.
Back to the drawing board on that one!

I planned to paint this frame white, but first
I slapped a little ASCP French Gray on it to 
show through when I distressed it.
 Well, I started really liking the aged
vintage look it took on.
I pushed some Miss Mustard Seed's dark
wax into the corners with a clean rag and used
her clear wax to take some back off.  
So that's the mess I'm dealing with right
now, along with cleaning out my little office
nook to make it into a hobby room.
YIKES!!!

I was so jealous of all the wonderful
rooms I saw on the blog party
Where Bloggers Create
over at My Desert Cottage, I knew it was
time to start fixin' up my room now to make
it by next year for her annual blog party.

The link is below if you missed the party.
Thanks for dropping by!






Let's all join the party here:
From My Front Porch To Yours
http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/2015/07/treasure-hunt-thursday-215-highlights.html



Elizabeth and Company

13 comments:

  1. I love all of your projects you are working on! I love baskets too and I have collected several but haven't found time to paint them yet. I love how yours looks! I also adore that frame! The towel holder is really unique and I look forward to seeing it hung. You will love having your own craft room! My studio is small but I love just having my own space. I feel more creative just by going in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having fun. Can't wait to see the end of all your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are good at having several projects going on at one time...love the baskets. I started my craft room about a month ago after my hubs kicked me out of the last one. I've been kind of stuck..especially after seeing all the great creative space. I think a craft room evolves just like a garden...constantly changing. PS those horse heads are so cool. So glad you liked my Floral Gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these projects are wonderful. I like the idea of the horse heads and frames as towel holders. I can't wait to see what you choose to replace the horse heads. I think these will be very interesting looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot going on! And some very good ideas. I especially like the basket - I like the idea of turning a plain utilitarian object into a vintage treasure.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. such great projects! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects. I am totally in love with grey, if I could redo my whole house again I would do it in grey tones. This hobby room is going to be fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the horse head idea-Great! I think your basket looks FAB too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Whew!!!
    You've been one busy Lady lately, dear friend!!!
    I had planned on doing some painting, too. . .
    however, "Mr. Ed" was wanting~needing something to do, so~o~o he stole my thunder!!! (wink!)
    Please do a post on those towel holders and what how you utilize the horse heads!!! I'm intrigued!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I have a basket just like that, never thought of painting it...until now! Could you just notch the frames out a little bit so that the horse heads fit? Or maybe instead of just a backer board, cut a board to fit inside the hole as well and then mount the heads and they will just sit a little bit on the edge of the frames. I think they horse heads should stay unpainted:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I have a basket just like that, never thought of painting it...until now! Could you just notch the frames out a little bit so that the horse heads fit? Or maybe instead of just a backer board, cut a board to fit inside the hole as well and then mount the heads and they will just sit a little bit on the edge of the frames. I think they horse heads should stay unpainted:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your projects. Regarding your towel holders. Could you put the frames on point and then would the beautiful horse heads fit by having a little more space. It would be a little different than two squares on the wall. I am anxious to see how they turn out and how you do it. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is going to be adorable. I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete