Sunday, September 17, 2017

Adding More Fall



It's not fall around our house until we bring out the picture of our grandson Ben pretending to drive a tractor in the fall of his first year. Mostly I love the "Brand New Parents" adoration on his parents face!



It does look like I need to paint that frame -- perhaps a fall color since that's the only time of the year the picture comes out. Maybe this burnt orange color on the faux striped pumpkin here.


I might try to have the color in the pumpkin color-matched by computer into a perfect fall paint color. 

The store I use the most for color matching paint is Home Depot. I've never had a problem with their computer's matching of colors, but I have had problems with other stores. 

One time I even took a blob of paint I scraped up off the floor and had it color-matched by Home Depot. Their paint guy told me they only need a sample the size of a quarter for their computer to do the match.


I kinda like that the pumpkin on the pillow looks so much like these faux pumpkins I bought recently. 

The "professionals" say you should repeat a color in a room at least three times, so the pillow and the two pumpkins should have that rule covered!

The little plaid pillow I bought at Sam's Club the other day for $14. They had lots of cute pillows on display, but the plaid called my name.
I have a thing for cotton bolls too lately...doesn't everyone? I bought these at a local shop for $6 and then saw some at a chain store for twice the price. I'll be working them into the fall decor as soon as I figure out where.



Thanks for dropping by!







15 comments:

  1. I like the photo frame as it is. I will be a new grandparent early 2018 and hope to have lots of special photos of my first grandchild to display too.
    Warm wishes, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben is 8 now and still has a great sense of the world. I just was on your blog looking at old posts and saw your daughter's wedding photo from a good while back...such a beautiful couple, I'm sure your grandchild will be the apple of grandma's eye.

      Delete
  2. A great photo of your Grandson, I can see why you want it out each year not only adorable but perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother, who was excellent at interior design, always told me off for not having a 3 colour scheme, I always end up having 2, and to use your words it looks all "matchy, matchy". Mind you I dress that way too, and it words okay. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Oh Cool...my words come back to haunt me! I am a designer's nightmare, both home and dressing. I guess that's why I'm stuck in Texas while you are out traveling the world.

      Delete
    2. I think when it comes to design, there is no right and wrong is there? What one person loves the next person hates.

      Delete
  4. Love all your Fall additions!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the pillow and your couch, I've been looking for one that color. Are the cushions reversible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they reversed. I bought a love seat, chair and ottoman about a year ago. I regret not just getting the couch. They're made by a company here in Texas.

      Delete
  6. LOVE that fall picture! It is just darling of that little guy! They grow so fast and that is a great memory to have.

    Love the pillows! I have had really good luck with Home Depot matching colors, too, and also with the True Value matching with Valspar.

    Have a wonderful Sunday- I am off for a couple of weeks again now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of little Ben really is cute. Gosh, I wish that I could look at things like you do and pick out colors and know what looks good together. At the rate I'm going I'll never get our tiny hall and bathroom painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that picture is precious! I adore your pumpkin pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute picture of your grandson. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've started to clean up my yard, but can't bring myself to think fall already. Won't have a choice soon. Love your grandson's photo, how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! Sweet photo of your little grand. Love your pumpkin and pillow. Fall seemed to come awfully fast this year! x K

    ReplyDelete