Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Things I'm Loving Tuesday



Had to remark on this lovely kitchen area recently shared over at Butterfly and Bungalow! 


I always tend to fill an empty hook with lots of clutter, but I'm trying to learn to leave a little room like she did on that rack.

I'm also loving the wall color Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore Paints.  

Middle Daughter is having some rooms in her house painted Revere Pewter today. She's hoping it appears gray in her house like it does in this picture from the Benjamin Moore webpage...


 Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter Website

Gray paint colors seem to tend toward blue in Middle Daughter's house, so it's a toss up whether Revere Pewter will turn out gray-gray or blue-gray, but she's giving it a try.

Here's a look at Middle Daughter's dark gray dining room. You can see how blue the gray paint looks...


And speaking of things I'm loving...I still love the makeover Middle Daughter and I gave her dining room chandelier a good while back!

Here's the original builder-grade chandelier that came with her house...

Middle Daughter stripped off the glass cones around the light bulbs and changed the regular bulbs to Edison Bulbs. 


The next time I visited, we painted the silver metal with One-Step Paint by Amy Howard, which is a chalk-type paint that sticks to anything! Presto, Change-O. Almost better than the Pottery Barn chandelier she had planned to buy. 

We didn't even have to take it down to paint the chandelier. One-Step went on smoothly without any drips! Our daughter had to climb up on a ladder to paint the part by the ceiling, and she still gripes about that. 

She says she would take it down to paint it if she had it to do over, but I wouldn't. To me, it always seems like more work to take it down and put it back up. Much easier to use a chalk paint like One-Step than to do all that electrical work...What do you think?


Thanks for dropping by!




SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful rooms. The colors are great and, yes, I would leave it up to paint too. It came out great and it never had to be unwired, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grey color, hope that it turns out the way she wanted it to.

    The chanty looks amazing - great job.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she gets the nice gray she is looking for--it is always disappointing when the colors don't turn out like what they show in the flyers.

    Love the chandelier. I have never used OneStep. I will have to look for that when I have a project like that. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice shade of gray. Always tricky to get it right. The chandelier turned out wonderful - what a transformation! Love the idea of using the chalk paint, too. x K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving grays...hope she gets the effect she wants....and, like you, I am trying not to overload my hanging things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love that inspiration picture too! How fun that you can enjoy decorating with your daughters! My own daughter is not at all interested. Lots of talent in your family! Hope the color works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline, I have three daughters and the other two don't share an interest in decorating. It is nice to have one who does. Middle Daughter and I pass items back and forth when they don't work in our house, so it's nice to have her for a buddy.

      Delete