Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Blame Debbie Dabble's Cute Filing Cabinet



Downsizing my late mother-in-law's things has been a long, drawn-out process due to the chaos in our life right now.  

My father-in-law is learning to adapt to being "Me" instead of "We" after a long happy 71-year-marriage. 

At 95, he's springing back...although that spring is a little too sprung more days than not!

Recently I brought home two drawers from their little filing cabinet intending to shred my mother-in-law's paperwork and then donate the 2-drawer file cabinet.

Debbie Dabble's Colorful Patio Furniture


Blame Debbie Dabble that the empty filing cabinet is still hanging around our house! 

I came across Debbie's post HERE and fell for the colorful cabinet she has on her patio...How cute is that little guy?...Well, cute enough for me to think I might copy her idea someday using my mother-in-law's file cabinet.

Debbie Dabble's Colorful Porch


I hope you'll hop over to Debbie's PLACE if you need to add a little shot of color in your life too...It's like she stole a rainbow and put it on her porch.



Thanks for dropping by!





11 comments:

  1. Very cute and a good idea. I have seen mail boxes utilized for garden tools too.
    The little patio is so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, thanks for the reminder about the old mailboxes. My mother actually had one in her garden years ago. I have just the place for one.

      Delete
  2. Why can't I ever come up with cute ideas like that?? In our cleaning frenzy, a week ago, Poppy and I carried two, two drawer files and sat them out at the dumpsters. :( Her's are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O MY!! What a surprise!!! Thanks so much for featuring my post and my file " garden tool" cabinet!! That was so kind of you!! I will be giving you a Shout Out in my next post , on google+ and on face book! Thanks again!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, glad you allowed me to share your colorful world via your blog. As Henny Penny's comment says above, there are some of us who need ideas to copy.

      Delete
  4. I checked out Debbie Dabble’s blog and saw her mention Mary Anne Evans who went by the name of George Eliot.There is a George Eliot hospital in Nuneaton where I stayed. Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea, certainly made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, it is cute. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to use up old filing cabinets. I've noticed that bright colours and primary colours are coming back into fashion again. Just as I was getting rid of all my old stuff! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy Denbbie's blog but really love what you did with this file cabinet. Thanks for sharing!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete