Saturday, July 13, 2019



Rivercrest Cottage sold on... 
Tuesday, July 9, 2019. 



We closed that chapter of our lives and wish the new cottage owners well. It was a solid built home and gave us many years of protection from the winter storms and hot Texas sun.


We gave away or sold most of our furniture and stored our favorite possessions in a couple of storage units in town while we explore treatment options with a "team" approach (in other states) for Wild Bill. 


"The Bear" Picture Is In Storage Waiting For Us

The "Rolling Coffee Table" I made was given to a friend.

Bill's Recliner Sold In 15 Mins On FB Marketplace

The prayers and advice we've received from so many of you have helped guide and sustain us while we traveled through the uncharted territory of change and transition. 

We've finally come out the other side ready to begin anew once we decide where we will end up!

Thank you for traveling along with us. Many of your comments helped me through some sad times, and I can't tell you how much your e-friendships have meant to me.


Was Going To Keep These Guys, But At Last Minute Sold


A Friend Is Storing Our Paintings


My Great-Grandmother's Childhood Dresser/Mirror Are Stored



Goodbye 3-year-old hydrangeas...



Goodbye fig tree grown from a hand-me-down cutting...



Goodbye flagstone patio...


The Patio Set Stayed With The House

Goodbye to the curvy walkway that replaced the ugly original block one...



Goodbye kitchen...



The Chalkboard And Stools Stayed With The House


Goodbye to Rivercrest Cottage! 


And goodbye to all the friends we've made in the 8 years we've shared this town with you. 



Thanks for dropping by!





17 comments:

  1. I suspect all goodbyes are bittersweet, but congratulations on the sale. You've done yeoman's work in prepping for this and I'm so glad it's paid off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sale and a new chapter in your lives. Goodbyes mean hellos! I look forward to seeing what this big old world has in store for you both.
    God bless and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sale of your home..I am sure you have mixed feelings about it but times change and we have to change with the times... Good Luck with the next chapter of your lives...Keep us posted!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled that you sold and that you are now able to find some treatment for Wild Bill, you will be in my prayers for the next stage of your lives and all that comes with it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it's sold and that so much is sold with it. It will make it easier, but yet I am sure this is hard too. Prayers continue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading about the next chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wishing you good fortune on the future and hope that you will continue to let us be a part of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good wishes for the next stage and prayers for Wild Bill with his treatment. Hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rivercrest Cottage,
    A huge step. . .for you and Wild Bill!
    My prayers continue for the best place for the two of you so that Bill can receive the treatments he needs.
    If you hit the Prairies of Kansas,
    please get in touch through my blog or face book. . .perhaps by chance we will have the opportunity to meet.
    Best Wishes!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, that would be fun. We drove through Missouri and up to Illinois the other day to stay with Middle Daughter and family. Heading down to Tennessee and Mississippi on Wed or Thurs to check out houses and treatment.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your sale! I continue to wish you all the best as the next chapter and adventure begins - I hope you'll continue to take us all along!!

    Take care my blogging friend, and all the best of vibes coming from my corner of VA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I hope to adopt a furry friend or two once we're settled. I always think of you and the work you do when I see an older dog needing a home and someone to love them. May you be doubly blessed for the courageous work you do.

      Delete
  11. There's something better waiting for you I know it. A new chapter in your life. Well done for the sale. Change is always hard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the sale of your home! I know it is all so very bittersweet. You are moving onward and upward and we can't wait to see your new home and hear how the treatments are going! Love to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing to sell your home so quickly! All the things you’ve sold will be loved by someone. You were so wise to get rid of so much and to store some special things. Best of luck as you start a new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the sweetest post but still it made me feel sad. I'm happy for the person who bought your beautiful home. You are coming back, aren't you...to your blog? Can't wait to find out where you and Bill settle down next, and see your new home. I think about you both often. I'm sure you will find the most fabulous town and home there is out there. Good luck to you both. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats. Much love in your new journey.

    ReplyDelete