Friday, August 29, 2014

Looking Back


Maybe it's old age, but getting out seasonal
decorations seems to lead me down
memory lane a little more often these days.


This "book" will never be a best seller, but
I've cherished it for almost 30 years.

Halloween And Lady Bugs...
It was made by my two youngest daughters.

First they created a drawing and then wrapped
it around a piece of wood.

 Here are the two authors, probably a
little before their publish date...

And here they are during early college days.
No surprise to anyone, they both majored
and earned degrees in English, and both
use their writing skills to make a living.

This picture was taken at a college graduation
party for Jaysa (rhymes with Lisa) 
-- she's the shorter one and the oldest 
by 19 months.


Here's the most recent picture I have
of Jaimee, taken earlier this month...
my youngest baby has the youngest
(and last) grand-baby.

If it's been a while since you've had a baby,
this picture will remind you of how
exhausting new motherhood can be!




So...I know it's a little early for Halloween,
but I like to put this "book" out first thing
when I decorate for Fall.

After all, it's a first edition!


Thanks for dropping by.




14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. Your girls are so precious. I love the book. They are both authors? How fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they don't write books, they are technical writers. The only book they have done is the one they created that I featured. They made it out of a wooden block. One did have several of her poems published in her college's book that was published.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome keepsake! I am sure that they were quite proud of their work back then. It's a sentimental treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute book and great little story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and that is so incredibly sweet that you kept that book all these years... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! I still have the hand Christmas garland my daughter made when she was around 4 and we put that out every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sugar- Just getting back to blogging a bit after my break. LOVE that first edition. It is the VERY BEST kind. You girls and grands are all beautiful.

    Hope you have had a great Labor Day weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Oh, dear friend. . .
    I adore that you kept this "First Edition"
    of your daughters and that it is put in
    a place of enjoyment within your home decor!!!
    Mrs. . . you have lovely daughters!!!
    Thanks for sharing your "treasures" with us!
    Family being "The Greatest Treasure" of all!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have beautiful daughters! I enjoyed looking at your blog and will be back to read more. I love that old cabinet in your kitchen with the wheels you added. I like Rivercrest Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's about the most precious thing I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always get so teary eyed when I pull out the homemade Christmas ornaments. Love the book and your family is darling. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh What a treasure! I wish I had preserved so many of my children's writings and art this way. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to meet you! I found you via Bonnie over at White lace and Promises...I love Bonnie! I love the book. What an awesome keepsake and I see why you have such sweet memories as you decorate for Fall. I am your newest follower.. I hope you will come over and visit and maybe follow along. Again, happy to meet you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, this is the best decoration ever! And the sweetest! My own mother kept a bowl that I made and painted for her as a child. It warmed my heart to see her use it on a regular basis even after I entered adulthood. These small things of heartfelt love are what keeps families smiling, keeps families strong, keeps happiness alive. They may seem small, but they are not small. They are huge. They are memories and love and happiness. My own mother is no longer living, but you reminded me of her love today. Thank you! :) Catherine

    ReplyDelete