Friday, October 21, 2016

Five On Friday: Smitten



Friday again! Hope your week was a calm one. The older I get, the faster time flies and this past week really flew. Joining Amy at Love Made My Home for Five On Friday again this week...
Love this newly opened shop in McKinney called Home.ol.o.gy, which already has their shop decorated for Christmas. 
Love is not the right word...I think smitten works better. Just take a look.
ONE:  The flat metal reindeer on the wreaths outside the store's door had me at hello. Smitten! Luckily for me, the shop was closed when I walked by last night on my way to an evening paint class or I would be dead broke today.
The entryway is appealing all by itself. I wish I had gotten a better picture of the whole entry, but it was late and getting dark and my class was about to start.
TWO: Have you ever seen a sweeter sign? Smitten! I didn't mind being told the store was closed in this way. I loved the contrast between the dark wood doorway, the black and white tiled floor, and the straight up and down sign.


THREE:  Here's a shot of the chandelier hanging over the doorway outside. I was really smitten with that light! 



The contrast with the fancy chandelier and the dark wood was very, very appealing.
FOUR:  When I looked to see the store hours on the window, I fell for all the Christmas decor inside. The sparkly reindeer and the large white candle holders in this window made me want to come back real soon.
The class I was headed to was a painting class for Amy Howard's paint and finishes. 
The large candle holder painted an off white probably was my inspiration for choosing a white-ish paint called Linen for my sample board (a wooden tile) in last night's class. 
I painted the wooden tile linen with a little dark wax to age it. I think I will be attacking everything in the house with my new brush and linen paint!
FIVE:  I peeked in every window of the shop before I hurried to my class. I tried to get the best photos I could. Everything was so pretty and I wanted to remember it all. Amy Howard has a taupe color similar to the shade on this large candle holder below. I might just have to paint some things with that color too. Smitten once again!



Thanks for dropping by!


Joining the party here:
Amaze Me Monday
Dishing It And Digging It
Five On Friday





20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful shop!
    The next time I visit my daughter in Dallas, I will take her there on a shopping trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesnt that just rot your socks, when the shop is closed and it has all these wonderful things inside. Love your wood tile. Good luck with your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly looks like a great shop. I would imagine it is quite inspirational you could maybe get some great ideas for décor at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love McKinney and could hang out there once a week! There are so many fabulous shops and so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love shops like that, could spend hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home.ol.o.gy looks like a wonderful shop. I love window shopping! Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty but I don't think I'm ready for somewhere to be all decorated for Christmas!

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shops like that, but I try to avoid them because I want to buy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love walking around in stops like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally with you - What a fun shop that I've no doubt has lots of treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh that looks like a wonderful shop although dangerous for your bank balance! Hope it is open next time you visit so you can enjoy all the goodies inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it great to find wonderful new stores. That store looks like it has some beautiful accessories. I never tire at looking at them. Happy Sunday to you. I hope you share with us today at Dishing It. Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Thank you for allowing us a "sneak peek" at Home.ol.o.gy through the looking glass, dear friend!
    This store would be "the place" for home and seasonal decor, for sure!
    I'm "smitten" with your Amy Howard Paint and will be searching for a dealer in my area! I have a B I G project I'm lining up for Spring in my Dining Room!
    Again, many thanks for sharing!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you were smitten with that shop! It's beautiful! I love that white candelstick that you pointed out too. You'll have to go back when they're open!

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, I have to tell you I am smitten with your whole post...i just love stores that are cute like that....

    ReplyDelete
  16. This store looks like one I'd love to visit and spend some time in. Lots of pretty things and tons of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No wonder you were smitten. They had me with the deer head wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make me smile.
    I can imagine you painting everything in the house!
    I hope you are able to go back to Smitten sometime when it's open! I bet there more great finds inside if the windows look that fabulous!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful shop. I love the gorgeous light fixture. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete