Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Not To Be Missed Headline




In case you missed this post on the headline news of Yahoo! I thought I'd bring it to your attention. 

Although the bride's 15 year-old dog Charlie was dying of a brain tumor, that didn't stop the bride from having Charlie as her bridesmaid. 
When Charlie ran out of steam before the ceremony, the bride's sister (the maid of honor) picked up all 80 pounds of him and carried him down the aisle. 
I just couldn't pass up pictures of an old dog as a bridesmaid. If you love dogs too, I hope you'll take the time to read the full article.

The bride and groom are both veterinarians, and the bride has had Charlie since she was 19 years old and he was an abandoned pup. Click below for the full story and more pictures. Hope it makes your day just a little bit better.





Thanks for dropping by!






14 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful story, tear jerking but wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story. I cried reading what you posted and still crying after reading the article. Oh my, doesn't that just break your heart. I'm glad he made it through the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story, like Henny Penny it bought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that this is a happy story but I'm bawling my eyes out.
    I had a soulmate dog (my Maddie, a Golden) and I always said she would be my maid of honor and my sister and my friends would be the bridesmaids. When she passed away I told everyone that 's another reason not to mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was posting this story, I thought oh wait til Cindy reads this...she will cry more than I did. I too thought of my dear best friend, Ginger. She saw me through a very unhappy marriage and happy divorce, but died before she saw me find happiness with Wild Bill. She would've been my Maid of Honor too.

      Delete
  5. awww. dogs are some of God's best work, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- That makes my heart hurt. So bittersweet. I had not seen this article before at all. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet story! I had not seen this article. We all need to hear stories like this in the news instead of all the groom and gloom!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this story too, and thought it was so sweet and sad at the same time. Dogs are the best. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this story too, and thought it was so sweet and sad at the same time. Dogs are the best. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a moving piece...so sweet and sad. Thank you so much for your advice about my carpal tunnel issues. I actually had ct surgery about twelve years ago when I was still working and it was quite successful. Interesting that a chiropractor can help and those exercises you mentioned. I really appreciate it! Trying to keep my hands off the mouse as much as possible too!

    ReplyDelete