Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Fall Is Coming Soon...I Need A Porch To Decorate!




We were so close to having a house to decorate for fall!

I saw some cute fall decor ideas over at 2 BEES IN A POD and really got excited! We were closing soon...



Our closing was scheduled for tomorrow -- Thursday -- though we didn't have a time, which worried me a little.  

We also didn't have an exact $$ amount, which worried me even more! 

We had done everything on our part, and so had the realtors and the builder too...

These photos were taken when we first saw the house

On Monday, we did a walkthrough with the builder and realtors. The wood floors were shining and the protective paper was removed from the floor.

All four of us had blue painter's tape, which we tore off and marked the cosmetic problems as we went through the house. Wild Bill sat it out on the fireplace ledge, but he cheered us on.

I must confess...the builder tagged every little ding he found... I hardly did anything but admire the rooms as we went through and, of course, I was decorating it all in my head!

We're going gray this time!

Early Monday morning the lawyer from the title company had called and said she was doing last minute calculations for our part of the closing costs, etc., and she would email me a figure that afternoon to give to our bank so they could send the funds.

All the lights will be replaced once we move in

I called back Tuesday and got her secretary. She said she personally would call me with the info soon as all the lawyers in town were in a training conference that day.

Today, Wednesday, we called with our relator from his office..."still trying to put the numbers together...yada, yada, yada..."

Wild Bill, our realtor, and I discussed the pros and cons and decided to postpone the closing for a week. This gives the title company time to get it together and gives us time to take a short trip and breathe a little. 


We have learned to roll with the punches during our month of living in hotels and looking at houses. What can go wrong, will go wrong after all! 


Meanwhile, I've been visiting your blogs and looking for fall ideas to pin. I can't wait for the cool weather to arrive...can you?




Thanks for dropping by!





25 comments:

  1. Wonderful - I hope it all goes smoothly for you and Wild Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to ask how far you are moving.

      Delete
    2. Susan, we are a 7-hour drive from NE Texas where we use to live. We're moving to the top of Mississippi.

      Delete
  2. Moving into a new house is always exciting and stressful. I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful home. I sure hope it all works out for you. Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Your home is lovely!! wishing you luck...I LOVE the tub but have one really stupid question to ask you...How the heck do you get into it????Just wondering because i honestly feel that since I had my knee replacement done, my days of taking a bath are done...Showers seem to be my present and future now.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Debbie! I feel your pain. Our middle daughter has this tub and it is no problem getting in and out. The tub at our last house had a tile surround and it was hard at our age to get in that one. Will address the issue at a future date once we're in and have a chance to try it out.

      Delete
  5. We had so much trouble getting into this house, but it was worth it. I hope everything goes smoothly soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty. Our banker in Texas told us a friend had so many postponements on their house that it was a full month after they were suppose to close until they actually did!

      Delete
  6. I totally can relate to your closing issues. We had our own too. Glad you have the house almost ready to move in. Maybe the week will give the builder time to fix things too.
    Good luck.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Amazing news!
    Oh, my. . .I do love the color choices!
    Keeping you in my prayers as you and Wild Bill take some much needed down time before your closing!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I'm excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the house! Hope you close soon and can start your decorating. It's going to be beautiful. I want cool weather too and I want to decorate for fall...right now it is way to hot to do anything to the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! It looks lovely...hope things move along quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you with the new home! Congratulations! I love it and can't wait to see it all decorated! And you were so right to postpone...they would have anyway since they didn't have their paperwork together! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are in your beautiful new home soon. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. The home is beautiful- I love the gray! My daughter just closed on her first home and I am so excited for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all will like the northern Mississippi and Memphis area. lots of history and Vicksburg is a good day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You poor thing! Things! To be all ready and have hassle -- not fun and so frustrating. I'm glad you decided yourselves to put off the closing and can get away for a bit of R&R. Still, you just want to get on with things! Well, I thank you so much for visiting my blog on your waiting time and hope that by next week everything is settled and goes A-OK! ~jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. As if you and Wild Bill needed more complications! Sounds like you have the perfect attitude about it though. Can't wait to hear when the dust settles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving such a heart felt comment on my resignation and retirement. It was hard for me to keep quiet all these months about what was happening at work but now, I can say and do what I want and all that stress and drama is behind me...
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry that its taking so long for you to get your new home. That bathroom looks incredible, I could soak in that tub for hours.
    As for summer I'm enjoying everyday and not in any hurry you see it pass.
    Have a sweet weekend and hopefully next week you will close, and start moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope it all gets settled so you can settle in and your hubby can get the required treatments! Moving is hard, be good to yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you've found yourselves a new home, I bet you can't wait to add your own personal style to every room. And no I don't like the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks lovely! You will have so much fun decorating your new home!

    ReplyDelete