Friday, February 28, 2014

Spring Chalkboard


The pumpkins and scarecrow are gone.

I will admit I thought about just leaving
them up and pretending I was early for Fall.

I was feeling kind of drab, so I thought I
would go towards the pink and green.




I started with a boxwood heart I
bought for Valentine's Day decorating,
but never got round to it.


Next I added this old platter from
the year 1947.

The pattern is called "Callarose"



I have a "thang" for those little
cups. I think they used them in
coffee shops back when a Cup
of Joe was just a cup, not a tall
or grande and such like today.


Even made in the USA!

I have a big basket of them in
different colors, yet I will still buy
more when I find them in shops.

Here's the old look with the little
pumpkins, pinecones and rusty leaves.


And, here's the new look below.

If you're sayin' it looks like I left 
some of the xmas greens in the
basket...well you'd be right!


It just seemed too plain with only
the platter and the cups below.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sure wish you could stay for a cup
of tea and help me climb up top the
cabinets to get the rest of the Fall
and Christmas decor down.




Sharing at the Vintage Party:


http://knickoftimeinteriors.BlogSpot.com







8 comments:

  1. I love that metal shelf filled with things for the holidays. Your heart shaped wreath is so cute and I love that pretty platter and cups too. I love metal work like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I will have to see if I can recreate this. It has all my favorite components.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Love the boxwood heart wreath, dear friend!!!
    Adore the oval shape of the platter.
    Heart and rose. . .ah~h~h. . .so~o~o romantic!!!
    My Grandmother owner a restaurant in the late 40's
    early 50's. When she passed away, my MoMa got
    rid of all the dinnerware. I've been collecting the white
    with the green rims for years trying to make a complete set for 8!!!
    Now about that climbing to the top of those cabinets. . .
    if I lived close enough, I'd be there at the drop of a hankie! And my fee would be. . .a cup 'o Joe!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boxwood heart and the cups are a fun addition. I am your newest follower. Hope you have a great week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boxwood heart is darling! That is something I would buy for myself too! LOVE your platter and the way you have displayed it....enjoy your cup of Joe! Blessings~~~Roxie p.s. I'm having a give -a-way, come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your chalkboard. It is very cute with the wreath!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty platter, the detail of the rose is unique, I do not see that detail in any china I buy today. I love the little cups too. Just thinking , why do we have to drink a quart of coffee at time? It stayed hotter in smaller mugs as it didn't take so long to sip it.
    Really love your display and that pretty heart wreath.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chalk board with the basket display below. Very decorative and useful. Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete