Monday, March 31, 2014

Easter In Black



I'm not brave enough to paint
the walls black, but I have been
adding a lot of black accents.

When I decided to create an
Easter vignette recently I used
black, brown and a little mix
of green.




I'll admit it's not my usual mix
of colors for Easter, but it
makes me happy in a sort of
Adam's Family way.









I started with an old lantern. It was
red, so I slopped on some black chalk
paint. You can still see a little red in
some of the cracks. The paint was
Amy Howard's One-Step in black.


It didn't have the glass chimney
when I bought it at a garage
sale years ago, but that's OK
with me as it works better
without it for decorating.



I had the nest on hand along
with this candle ring...





The two together make a perfectly
blingy nest for one of these birds.




The other bird got this softer nest...








I added an old Christmas bow
to perk it up a bit.

I'm going to add a cloche next
to cover it, and then find a
permanent place for it.

Thanks for stopping by!







Find me here this week:





8 comments:

  1. I love it! It has all my favorite things to decorate with, birdies, nests, vintage piece, black and green :-)

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not brave enough to paint a room black, I've been wanting and eggplant colour, but too chicken as well. But I love your black Easter. What does Wild Bill think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could paint a room black either. Too much of a commitment for me! Easter is looking great so far at your house though. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Black, white and green is always a favorite decor color palette for me, dear friend!!! So~o~o, I am L O V I N' your Adam's Family Easter scheme!!! (Too cute!)
    I adore how you combined the two elements together to make your nest fuller and give it more visual presence!
    Very clever use of the lantern with no chimney!!!
    Hope Spring weather is arriving to your corner of The Land of Blog!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really sweet and pretty. I like those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cute vignette. I love how you repurposed the lantern! ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for signing up to follow my journey. I'm always happy to meet new friends in blogland and always happy to return the follow. Looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete