Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Short Vacation



We joined part of our family in Albuquerque last Wednesday for a long weekend. It's always fun to get together when there's little ones involved. 

The youngest four of our six grandchildren were there and in rare form. 
That's the youngest, Little Henry, in the orange T-shirt. He's trying really hard to make a funny face like his older sister next to him and his two cousins on either end.
At just 3 years old Henry hasn't completely mastered swimming, so we had fun floating around the shallow end together in the hotel pool. 
We were lucky to have the hotel pool and hot tub completely to ourselves almost every time we went down to swim. 

Henry fought it a little, but nap time couldn't come a moment too soon for Henry's dog Lucy...

On Monday, Wild Bill and I headed east towards home and the two daughter's families headed west to the Grand Canyon for four more days of fun.

Or what they called fun. Here's our son-in-law Mike crazy close to the edge...
The last time I was at the Grand Canyon, in 2002, I spent all my time clinging to the far side of the parking lot and yelling at Wild Bill and the girls to get away from the edge!
I think if I'd gone this time, the side trip to Bearizona would've been more my cup of tea. 

Plenty of friendly animals in the petting area...

The cool weather last week in Albuquerque and this week in Arizona really helped to make the trip more enjoyable. Usually both New Mexico and Arizona are much hotter this time of year.


Thanks for dropping by!





6 comments:

  1. I'd have been with you yelling, there's a good reason why we haven't been to the Grand Canyon. You have questions lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great vacation - spending time with your children and grands. Looks like a lot of fun.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grandchildren are cute and the two in the middle do favor...now that I know they are brother and sister. Oh, I would be a nervous wreck at the Grand Canyon. I won't walk to the edge and look over a mountain in North Carolina! That is a good picture of you in the pool. Don't know how you kept your hair looking good while in the pool...and with a child on your back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the weather cooperated! Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit the Grand Canyon and I would probably be right on the edge, but my husband would be yelling to stay back. I am glad that the weather cooperated and I am thankful that you managed a short trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been holding on the sofa looking at your son in law.

    ReplyDelete