Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Don't Miss A Good Movie: Hunter Killer



We watched a good movie today, Hunter Killer, which we rented from Redbox. We just can't figure out why we missed it when it was at the movie theater last October.  

It appears the critics didn't like it for whatever reason, and it received a "4.7" on Rotten Tomatoes and a "6.6 out of 10" on IMDb, but don't let that stop you if you'd like to watch an action packed movie with a good storyline.


Hunter Killer, starring Gerard Butler as a submarine captain, was a 9 out of 10 for us! 

We both thought the storyline and Naval references and language were well done and consistent with our experience. 

We do have a history with the U. S. Navy and Naval military personnel since Bill and I spent most of our government careers working on nuclear shipyards and Naval Activities in California and Washington, at times working directly for the Commanding Officer. 

That was another lifetime ago, but I bring it up because it gave us a lot of inside "command and technical" submarine knowledge, which we used to judge this movie. 

If you take the time to watch Hunter Killer, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. The only thing we missed was the theater popcorn, but at $1.75 for Redbox versus about $12 at the early bird showing at the movie theater, it was probably a much better bargain.



Thanks for dropping by!




12 comments:

  1. Thanks. I will tell hubs about this - it sounds like one he would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for movie rec. Looks right up our alley. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the movie recommendation! We don't listen to critics most of the time on movies...our rule of thumb is that it at least needs to get a "5" on IMDB and then we will watch it and decide for ourselves. We've even watched some at 4.5 on IMDB and they were great. It's all just a matter of personal taste! Hope you are doing well! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cast. I wasn't familiar with this. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good movie. I will have to see if it is on Netflix or my Amazon Prime Movies. Happy Wednesday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one, but I think my hubby would like it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your well wishes...It was getting so hard for me to go to work so I guess it is a blessing that I am no longer working.... It will be much better for my knee as I can elevate it and pack it in ice, resting it until the surgery..... And I do believe that everything happens for a reason so this is what was supposed to happen...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good movie - thanks for the review. And thanks to you both for your service. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I'll look out for it, I like a good action movie. Finally watched the Green Book, which I loved alongside everybody else.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed the movie. I haven't heard about it before but I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet my husband would love this moving. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review! I picked it up at the library, and we really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete