Friday, July 22, 2016

Five On Friday - Books And Bunnies



Books and bunnies seem to be coming and going today. Here's my Five On Friday, joining the party at Love Made My Home.

1. Amazon delivery arrived today...my part was Susan Branch's book, Martha's Vineyard - Isle of Dreams. 
I sat right down and started reading it. As an avid follower of Susan's blog (see bloglist for link) I couldn't wait to read it. Like me, she's a California girl who moved far away to another world. 

2. I couldn't put it down! As I read, I got to the part where she accidently bought a small cottage while on her way to see a rental house. Oops! I loved it. She was talking about walking in her new yard and seeing brown bunnies hopping all around. That made me think of the poor baby bunny who met with a swift death early yesterday morning. We went out to get in the car and found just its poor little back bunny legs lying in the driveway. No blood, just the legs. Did a owl drop them there? Did a dog kill the poor bunny and carry them there? Odd...

3. Right while I was thinking of that poor little bunny...CRASH! The porcelain bunny mold hanging on the top of the chalkboard fell right off and smashed on the floor.

This poor bunny lost more than his back legs, but there was a piece that I kept as an (un)lucky rabbit's foot.
4. As he did with the little rabbit legs laying on the driveway, my big house bunny hopped right up and came to my rescue and cleaned up the porcelain carcass too. Wild Bill takes his job as "floor man" around our house very serious indeed.
5. To fill up the now empty chalkboard, the metal bunny that I bought for a few dollars on clearance a while back replaced the shattered one -- along with a boxwood wreath to add volume and color. 
Black, white and boxwood green together make me so happy...how about you?
There's no breaking this bunny so, if it falls too, there will be no mess to clean up. Hop on over to Love Made My Home and join the Five On Friday link party here.



Thanks for dropping by!








25 comments:

  1. My very good friend Sarah is another avid fan of Susan Branch books, I'll have to check out your bloglist to find out more.
    Sorry to hear about the bunny accidents but I do like the chalkboard's new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your china bunny but I love the replacement. The book sounds like a good read, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear,what a shame for bunnies both real and ceramic. The replacement metal one looks good against the chalk board. I must look at the blog you mention:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a fan of Susan Branch for years. Love following her blog. Goodness -- bunnies aren't safe around your house! :) I do like the replacement and boxwood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a weird coincidence! Like the little metal bunny. My man always takes care of breakage too, doesn't want me cut.
    In answer to your question on my blog, we use Trip Advisor to plan trips, lots of pictures and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you lost your little bunny.

    I am familiar with Susan Branch, but don't really know her story so I will check out her new book.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed Susan's A Fine Romance. I whizzed right through it. I'll have to put this one on my list, too. That must have been quite the crash. I do like the new combination...

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry he broke..he looked so cute..but so does his replacement...
    yes, the Madhatter Tea Party every year is so much fun...tweaks our imagination while allowing us to be sooo silly. Thanks for coming over...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, read Susan's books non-stop when they arrive. Can't wait for the one she'll write after their trip to the UK. What a dear person. She makes her readers (and blog followers) feel like friends.

    I like your new bunny arrangement better than the one who hopped off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new chalkboard arrangement, so all is well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the new look with the bunny and boxwood green. Poor little dead bunny (legs in the driveway). Reminds me of one day this week. Without thinking, I threw out a dish of damp feeling bunny food from my bunny's cage. During the night a wild bunny must have found it and while innocently sitting there eating a predator walked up and killed him. I found tufts of rabbit fur all around where I had thrown the feed. Needless to say, I worried all that day, feeling like a murderer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a bit spooky, losing your bunny like that! I do like the new arrangement though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad about the bunny, but the new one looks great. Is it a chocolate mold?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for your loss, but love the replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rivercrest Cottage,
    So`o~o sorry about your real bunny and the porcelain bunny, too , dear friend!
    "Mr. Ed" and I are "bunny lovers"!
    I do love black white and green in home decor. . .so~o~. . .I'm lovin' this new arrangement of the boxwood wreath with the bunny mold!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment and kind visit recently!
    I want you to know you recently encouraged me to complete my floral arrangements for the Master Bedroom! Both "Mr. Ed" & I are greatly pleased with the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, our neighborhood has woods and a creek down at the bottom of the hill and rabbits live down there and come forage on our flowers and plants. The legs looked like they were dropped by a bird or some other bunny eater. Glad you got a nudge to complete a project from last post. Love your blog and the wonderful colors you use.

      Delete
  16. I really enjoyed that book and found it an easy and most enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That wreath over chalkboard is looking gorgeous and yes, evething comes with shelf life so don't be sad over it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, it took me a while to return the visit, by now I am finally here to see what you are up to in your blog.
    How great that you had an immediate replacement for the broken ceramic bunny! I really like the new metal one and the boxwood wreath compliments it perfectly. Love the fresh touch of green that it adds to this area.
    Warm regards,
    Christina


    ReplyDelete
  19. I met Susan Branch a couple of years ago at a book signing here in Massachusetts. Lovely and talented woman. I think I may have blogged about it with a pic of the two of us. I'll have to check :)

    The bunny story made me sad. I love bunnies, and coincidentally my post this week talked about a bunny that has recently been coming by every day and there seems to be a baby too. So sweet! I know some people consider them a nuisance but she hasn't been doing any damage so far. No harm no foul!

    It was kinda weird that your ceramic bunny broke just at that time! Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't do it! đŸ˜˜ So sorry about your bunny! Love your life motto! Thank you for the kind words! Happy Beatrix Potter's Birthday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, got such a kick out of your saying you didn't do it. Thank you so much for stopping by. I am honored.

      Delete
  21. Love the wreath on the chalkboard!! Very pretty! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! Susan Branch just left a comment!
    Now I've forgotten what I was going to say!!!
    She's awesome!
    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cindi, I had exactly the same reaction. I couldn't believe I had a comment from Susan Branch! She gets like 986 comments on each of her posts so I was amazed she saw mine and responded. I must find a way to frame it. LOL.

      Delete