Monday, October 17, 2016

Adding Crows For Halloween




Crows are popping up in our house just in time for Halloween. I like to add a little humor by adding them to the scarecrow's perch along with pumpkins.
I've learned to only use faux pumpkins when decorating. That's because I had a mis-que with a few small pumpkins a few years ago.
The little pumpkins seemed really hard and not likely to rot so I wrapped them up and stored them. Yeah, dumb. The mess was really ugly!
The scare crow's patches add some color to his black pants. Here's a close up of the little pumpkin patch on his knee.
The bunny's nest got a crow too. The bunny looks a little uncomfortable with the crow looking over his shoulder.

Thanks for dropping by!



Joining the party here:
Amaze Me Monday







17 comments:

  1. Rivercrest Cottage,
    The addition of crows in your Halloween decor is adorable!
    Love the vignette above the cabinet!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rivercrest Cottage,
      Beneath my pumpkins, I've used shredded excelsior purchased at the Dollar Tree.
      Thanks for asking and for your sweet comment today On Crooked Creektt.
      Fondly,
      Pat

      Delete
  2. I love that bunny tucked into your Halloween decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delight to see, the crow certainly gave it a Halloween touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your crows, they fit in well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the crows!! : )
    Sure looks like fall around you house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crows, the bunny, the scarecrow!
    Too cute.
    and I'm trying not to visualize those little rotten pumpkins!
    LOL!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your darling crows and the scarecrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sugar, Oh I just love this post. The crows and scarecrow is adorable. I'm glad I didn't save any of those little pumpkins. haha I thought of it though. Thank you for the inspiration. Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute post. I love having crows with my Halloween decor. Love the pumpkin patches, I am wondering if you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I love the addition of the crows. I love Halloween when it is cute...and not too scary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this fun vignette, especially the crows! Happy Tuesday, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since our remodel gone bad I'm just starting to decorate for fall. Love you vignette and the crows is a great way to add a halloween look. I've thought of saving the pumpkins but by the time I put away I feel softness...bet it wasn't pretty cleaning that up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love your pumpkin fellow, hes so cute. I haven't bought any pumpkins yet except some temp-tations ones for baking... Thank you for your visit and comment happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete