Monday, October 31, 2016

Fall Is A Wrap




Happy Halloween today! Fall decor is a wrap for me. I can hardly wait to get up tomorrow and pack it all away. YAY! 
Don't look too close at the banner...I taped a leaf in the middle and stuck another leaf on top to hide the tape, but I guess the top leaf fell off. Next year I'm going to use an old fashion clothes pin to hang the leaf up. Obviously the tape wasn't such a good idea
Last month I bought these three little pumpkins at Laurieanna's in Canton TX during their monthly, 4-day sale. With all the stuff I've painted white lately, it's nice to have a little color. 

Speaking of things painted white, this decorative thingy got a coat of Linen paint a few days ago. It started out a rusty brown. It stands out so much better white...


You can see it here holding the large pumpkin and standing next to the tiered cloche holder I made.
 I bought the hanging kitchen sign at Laurieanna's too, but haven't put it up yet due to mis-placing my little handy-dandy electric screwdriver. Turns out when you lose things in your garage, they're not so handy-dandy!
I'm ready for Christmas decor, and I hope it brings a very cold Winter with it. I don't mean to rush the season, but I'm looking forward to the Christmas tree and all the lights this year. 

This magnolia wreath got a few Fall pumpkin pics and some Fall leaves for this month,but next month she'll be wearing red for sure!




Thanks for dropping by!




13 comments:

  1. I too am looking forward to decorating for Christmas, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he your funny... And I love it.. I lose things all the time right in front of myself.. I love the stand you painted it looks lovely.. And I myself am awaiting Christmas impatiently.. But I will wait till after Thanksgiving to change to the christmas things. I didn't do much fall decor. Just a wreath on the door and the dinning room table.. I don't have a weeath for christmas.. I will have to come up with something.. Wishing you my dear a most lovely day and new week.. With love Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, my fall stuff stays out until Black Friday...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll put the Halloween up, but Fall stays for another month. Love Christmas, but not too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do make things so pretty! Might as well get out the Christmas stuff, the way the months are flying past. Christmas will be before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little garland even if the tape didn't work so great! lol I am looking forward to Christmas this year, too. Last year we hardly celebrated because John was so sick. It will better this year.

    Love the stand you painted white- it is a perfect pumpkin stand. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween is down, Thanksgiving is out and I'm trying not to think of Christmas stuff yet! I love LaurieAnna's! Heading to Canton this weekend to do some birthday shopping (for me, haha). Love going. Your iron thingy looks great painted white. So pretty! Oh! I'm ready for cold weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not ready for winter here yet! I will enjoy seeing your décor though and perhaps getting some ideas for when I am ready. Your autumn décor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely decorations! Love the piece painted white too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a great job to make your work look beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings from Malaysia! Thank you, Sugar for your visit and comments on my blog. I like what you did to the pumpkin holder. That is a lovely kitchen sign. Beautiful autumn decorations. I am following you and hope you will follow me too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *love* your "decorative thingy" either rusty or painted (and I love that you called it a "decorative thingy!").

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you are hoping for a very cold winter!
    OMG!
    but I adore you anyway.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete