Friday, April 28, 2017

Wooden Tray Make-Over




Here's an old tray that got a makeover this week. I love the shape of the edges...I'm a sucker for anything with curvy lines!
It wasn't pretty when the makeover started. It had a commercial paint effect that was suppose to look like distressing, but was just some brown paint added in splotches. I think I paid $2.50 for the tray at a garage sale. The tag on the bottom said, Hobby Lobby $25.90.
Here's a fail -- I thought I could just paint the inside of the tray and leave the outside black. I know what you're thinking... Why??? 
I don't know is the honest answer.
I took a look at my handiwork and decided it needed more white so I finished off the sides with white paint too.
Before I add some sort of finish to protect the paint, I'm living with it for a while. I think it would be nice to add some kind of graphics to the center area. What do you think? 

The Graphics Fairy has some pretty printable graphics, which are free, and lots of information on adhering the graphics to the surface you have. Here's what I'm considering...

If you haven't been to The Graphics Fairy's website, you're in for a treat. This link The Graphics Fairy will take you to my favorite section, but have a look around her site because there is so much to see.

Thanks for dropping in!





12 comments:

  1. I have just popped by the link and was so impressed I have signed up for their weekly freebie. I love the tray and think your choice of graphics are stunning. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama, thanks for reminding me about the weekly freebie. I had forgotten to sign up.

      Delete
  2. A great makeover. And I love the printable you're considering. Have you decided?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amalia, I'm stuck as usual. I choke when there are too many choices. Meanwhile, I'm going to practice some of the instructions on another piece.

      Delete
  3. I love this project . . . isn't it rewarding when you take something old and give it new life. It's going to be a show stopper:)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the sheep and I went to check out the link, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Connie. I've been following your shed makeover with envy and really want a little shed of my own. (Connie writes Crafty Home Cottage, which is on my blog list if you're interested in seeing a gal who really knows how to get things done.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tray turned out really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. I think it would look good with a graphic, but give it awhile like you think. I would be hard to choose. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always good to see your makeovers! You have a great style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wooden tray!! I actually thought it was silver because I have not seen a wooden tray with curvy lines like that!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete