Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Little Free Book Library



Now I have one more reason to love the little Texas town of McKinney. This adorable little Free Book Library...
The colors are happy and the base container holding the little library is perfectly imperfect. Don't you agree?
This little library is in front of two buildings. One is brightly colored in mustard yellow, terra cotta, and black and white stripes. The other is a restaurant called Hugs. 


I plan to do some investigating to find out how this little library came about!

Right now though, let's take a look inside and see what's available. 

Books on the top row and mostly magazines on the bottom... 
I've read about these little personal libraries in the past few years, but this is the first one I've actually seen.

The little library is just so darn cute! I may have to make one of my own...how about you? 



Thanks for dropping by!


Joining The Party Here:




3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, it will be interesting to see how and why is was started. I have come across them before in isolated places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I just passed one on the way to a garden center off a rural road. I was curious if we are invited to leave a book and or borrow a book or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. We're 10 miles from town so the only way I use our library is for ebooks. If my neighborhood had one of these I'd use it.

    ReplyDelete