Sunday, November 8, 2015

Laundry Sign And House Tour



Yesterday was the local Parade of Homes tour. We never miss it, so out we went. At our first stop, the laundry room had a sign I thought was cute.
Truth be told, I am a fanatic laundress. I love to do the laundry. I love to fold the laundry. My towels have to be folded exactly the same way and rolled so they are the same size and stacked on a shelf perfectly! Roll 'em right or get out of my way.

I learned to iron when I was 8 or 9 and earned a nickel for each piece of clothing I ironed. I would've ironed for free, but don't tell my mother that! When we visit our middle daughter, I iron all my son-in-law's button-collar dress shirts for him. I guess my love of ironing didn't get passed on to our three daughters.

Sorry, got a little side-tracked there...
The laundry room was OK, but nothing unusual. No place for folding, which is the problem we have with our current laundry room. I liked the gray color on the cabinets.

Outside the laundry was a hallway with stairs leading up to the second floor, which had one guest room with its own bath and shower. Loved the wood and the look of the stairway.

The kitchen ceiling was dark gray with white cabinets. 

Pretty house, well built. Energy saving touches like sprayed in foam insulation made it quiet and comfortable.
I did fall for the master bedroom's walk-in shower. It made me want to go home and change the tile in our own shower.
 The bedroom closets were large and well laid out. Again, gray and white, which was throughout the house.

 Here's the hallway bathroom for our last look. Having a small window high on the wall makes sense to me. Long ago in 1987, when the girls were little, we had this same bathroom with the high window and all. I guess some things just stay the same.
The next house on the tour has a kitchen and laundry room to die for. I seriously would do their laundry for free just to spend time there. Here's a peek:
Yes, gray and white again, but with a little brown thrown in too.




Thanks for dropping by!



Partying at:








10 comments:

  1. Are you related to my Mother-in-law? I hate to iron and when my Mother-in-law would come to visit she would do all of my ironing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Oh, dear friend. . .such kindred souls are we!!!
    I l o v e ironing, too!!!
    And the statement about folding towels. . .we could have been twins separated at birth!!! (wink!)
    I always attend the Spring and Fall Parade of Homes in our area, but never thought to take photos. . .guess you're one up on me!!!
    I, too, look at the laundry room, bathrooms, then the kitchens. We have some amazing new models in our area, but "Mr. Ed" and I are planning on staying in our current home for a few more years!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Saturday afternoon, I rearranged the linen closet!!! Ah~h~h. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times I love to iron. Some times I dread it. Growing up, mama wanted everything ironed, even daddy's boxer shorts. I can't imaging having such a nice laundry room. It would be wonderful. I have a pantry/laundry room/storage room combined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE both homes!
    I adore grey and white.
    Beautiful, beautiful!
    I was going to paint my kitchen walls grey but maybe I should do the ceiling!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't BELIEVE it! I found a kindred laundry soul! I like doing laundry, too. I don't roll my towels but I do them in a three way fold and they look nice and neat.
    I also like to iron...especially flat work. I just get so much pleasure and sense of accomplishment to see things all ironed and hanging beautifully.
    Not sure I like the gray ceiling in that kitchen but it is a pretty kitchen. I think I would feel like I had a cloud hanging over my head all the time. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I loved near you -I Hate doing laundry! I think I have only ironed about 5 times in my whole life and was miserable when doing it! I will paint for you and you can be my laundress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in these 2 homes. I wouldn't have thought that a gray ceiling would look good, but I do like that look. I don't get the small windows either, but apparently they are popular again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the grey and white. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete