Friday, October 17, 2014

A Bowl Full Of Pumpkins





This bowl of pumpkins sits on the table
with a little string of lights from
last Christmas.

I filled up the bottom of the bowl with pinecones,
acorns, faux vines, and even three fake pears... 
basically anything in a shade of Fall brown.
This battery pack lasted all last December
and, so far, this past week. I buried the
battery pack down under the acorns
and pinecones.

Most nights I forget to turn it off and
still it runs day and night.
Last weekend, I saw these battery lights at Lowes.
They were in the Christmas section for $10 each.
Lowes has them with red or blue lights.

When I bought these last year at a home interiors
store, they had them in bright white (these) and
ones with a yellow cast. I wish I had bought
more of them when I had the chance.

They're great for putting on wreaths, vignettes,
or even in a bowls of pumpkins.


Thanks for dropping by!

http://www.frenchcountrycottage.net/2014/10/feathered-nest-friday_16.html





11 comments:

  1. Quite a special touch to add to the bowl of fall beauty! (I hope to find some lights at after-holiday sales this year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea and it give it that extra sparkle. I bet those lights would look fabulous in a bowl of Christmas ornaments, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love the idea of adding lights. A great way to lead up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Sure wish you could decorate a little around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little lights- and I like to see lights in unexpected places, too. Your bowl is really cute. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Love, LOVE, L O V E your bowl full of pumpkins
    filled with Autumnal fruits and pinecones accentuated
    by a string of bright white battery lights!!!
    Truly inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bowl with pumpkins...and those battery lights are awesome. gotta get some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I may try that with pine cones and berries this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely way to dress up pumpkins and make them festive! I'll definitely use this idea in my own home this holiday season! Thanks so much for sharing at the Merry Monday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lights are such a nice addition, I do love white pumpkins! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete