Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Chair-Bow Thingy





Here's a favorite piece of Christmas decor, which always makes me happy when I pull it out to decorate the house.



I bought this "chair-bow thingy" a few years ago at a small shop in Illinois. They had quite a few different styles that were related in colors and look. 



I wanted at least four of them for our bar stools but, even at the 40% off After-Christmas Sale, $35 each was more than I wanted to spend (4 x $35 = $140!)

If you think it's not that much to pay and you think I'm cheap...well, you're probably right! I always wonder, can I make this myself? 

And in this case, of course the answer was yes!  I'm mean, it's just a little 4-inch ribbon and a little crapola after all.



If I think I can make it, I only buy just one to copy...and that's why I have so many "one-of-a-kinds" because sometimes I just don't get around to getting it done!




So this year, at the After Christmas Sales, I'm going to be looking for the 4-inch wide burlap ribbon, faux greens, and other do-dads I'll need to try to make a few of these during the winter while we're all bundled up and staying in.

And by the way, here's a quick project from Christy over at Confessions Of A Serial DIYer...

It doesn't get any cuter than this! All you need is card stock, and her directions and links, to make these place cards of your family for your Christmas dinner table this year. 
Just click on over HERE



How about you? Do you have something you bought to use as a sample and never did get around to getting them done? 
Please share your ideas or links in "comments" so we can all get inspired.



Thanks for dropping by!


Join The Party Here:
Foodie Friday And Everything Else
Share Your Cup




9 comments:

  1. Love the chair bow thingy, I think I will be taking a walk around the sales to try and make some too. The elves made me smile, such a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mama's Merc, please be sure to let me know when you make the chair bows so I can feature it here too.

      Delete
  2. I can SO identify!
    However, I must be a few years older than you, and age is changing me :)
    Merry Christmas, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas you you and your family. Wonderful story about the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- Yep- been there, done that...but that is a fantastic bow. I tried to pin it but not sure it worked. lol

    I made those snowmen this year by 'copying' one that Kris (JunkChic) got a s a gift. It just depends on the mood I am in whether I get it done or not.
    Merry Christmas, Sugar---- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just popped over to wish you a wonderful Christmas full of the things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bow thingy is darling and I think it looks fairly easy to make! I'm sure you'll have fun creating them. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete