Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Chalkboard Project Done


I had an old homemade chalkboard
that needed a little something...
 
I had a little spice rack that needed
to be used or be gone.
 
We put them together.
 
 When I saw "we" I mean Wild Bill
did it for me.
 
Sure, I could've done it myself.
But the man needed a job to do.


Anyway, I was busy staring at
these paint sample cards.

The left one is Gray Squirrel
by Martha Stewart.
The other is Behr's Macchiato.


I did the hard work of unscrewing
the wall switch a little so I could
slip the paint samples behind it.
 
So much easier than painting large
patches of paint samples on the wall and
leaving them there for 6 to 12 months!
(progress around here does tend to be slow)

 I'm making sure the paint colors
look OK with the kitchen cabinets.

I'm now convinced I don't want to
paint the cabinets -- but everything
else in the house is fair game!
 
Anyways...back to the chalkboard.
So glad to finally have a project done!
 
 
Joining the following parties this week:
 
 
 
 
 



12 comments:

  1. The chalkboard and the spice rack look great! Nice paint color chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put these two things together. How creative. You can never have too many cute chalkboards around. Also I look forward to seeing the paint color you pick. I'm the worst about selecting paint colors, I have to put them all over my walls because I need to see how the color changes during the day. But I like both of those colors, they're so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently our walls are painted a brown that may not be too different from the one you're considering. I've really liked it (older house; white woodwork; oak cabinets)...but I'm ready for a change and it's going to be grey. I just have to settle on the actual shade - but I'm going darker....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! It looks positively darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my youth, I painted my kitchen cabinets. What a job! You'll need Wild Bill for that one. Love your chalk board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think painting cabinets would take us 2 years. thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will take 3 months of paint samples to make a decision. I'm very indecisive when it comes to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spice rack paired with the chalkboard....looks great! Have a great weekend :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out perfectly. Great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Love the chalkboard project!!!
    Now that it's finished, time to move on to another!
    Both of your paint colors are stunning choices!
    Traditional Homes mag. stated to use a gray with underlying green to reflect light!We applied Agreeable Gray in the Guest Room. . .I LOVE it!!!
    We have Coffee Kissin our home office.. .haven't changed that paint hue in the 12 years we've been here!!!
    I'll be watching to see which color palette you choose!
    Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chalkboard is super cute! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how your chalk board turned out, it was a great idea to put those two items together! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Laura

    ReplyDelete