Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Carnival



How long has it been since you've been to the carnival? 

When we were kids back in the last century, the carnival was a big deal for us small town kids.



Every spring, a carnival now comes to our small town in Texas. The carnival sets up on a Friday and stays through the following weekend. 

For the last two years, the carnival has coincided with a spring break visit of two of our grandkids who love to go to the carnival. 

The kids love the rides that are a little more tame than these two, and mom and dad buy each of them a day long pass so we stay as long as we can...



The littlest granddaughter usually lets us know when it's time to go home...






Thanks for dropping by!





14 comments:

  1. Kids normally enjoy the carnivals. I used to take them but don't get into any rides. Enjoy seeing them playing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you! I don't ride the rides since I was in my 20's and had to be let off the Ferris Wheel ASAP, but love seeing them having a ball. We also keep the kids while mom and dad go on the crazy rides.

      Delete
  2. Oh, she's just precious! I think the same carnival comes to our little town every year, too! Aren't they wonderful? The grands must love spending the day there - such a fun thing to do. I can't wait until mine are old enough to go. I always look forward to the cotton candy :) xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot remember the last time I saw a carnival come to or area.Growing up I would see them all over the place and at different times of the year. So many happy memories I had at them growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love Fairgrounds as a youngster but have to say I haven't been to one for a while. Maybe now I have a grandchild I'll be going back to them again! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love a good fair or carnival! I miss my daughters being in 4H because of the time we spent at fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that little face! What a beauty she is :) I have not been to a carnival in years. Maybe this year I should go again, and rediscover the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We use to go to the county fair every year when I was a kid. Since then people have started shooting each other and we stopped attending.
    Your granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too long! Thanks for taking us along, I love the carnival. I don't even mind clowns.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember going to the carnival every year in our town when I was a kid too. We lived close to where it was held and I used to walk over and be there every day. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that sweet face! Haven't we all felt the need to leave the carnival. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet. I hope you had a good time. Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete