Sunday, October 9, 2016

Protecting Wood Floors




Before I get to protecting the wood floors, I'd like to give my thanks to Cindy who hosts a party called Amaze Me Monday. Cindy featured a recent post from this blog called Lost and Found. Here's a link to Amaze Me Monday and the features. I am thrilled by Cindy's selection and thank everyone who viewed the post.
Back to the mundane...I'm working on our wooden stools that have been stored in the garage for a while. I'm trying to clear the garage out, and we have room for these in the house now since we sold our metal stools.
I started working on the paint color, but worried about scratching the floors. The stools originally came with slider-type caps on the bottom. They were good for tile floors, but not for the wood floors we have now. 
I've used these temporary cushioned caps on our stools and chairs in the past. You know the type that stick on? Well, the "sticky" ones tend to come off. I decided to find a permanent solution and found these cushioned caps.
These cushioned caps, which are carried by both Home Depot and Lowe's, have a metal brad that nails into the bottom of wooden chair and stool legs. Can you see it just above the wood it's sitting on in this picture below?
After popping off the plastic sliders, all I had to do was hammer these caps in...TA-DA!
I thought I'd share this just in case someone else out there has wooden floors that need protecting. This is a much better solution than the sticky ones for sure. 

As always, just my personal opinion. No one has ever offered to pay me for my opinion and frankly I don't blame them.



Thanks again to Cindy for the feature,
and thanks to all of you for dropping in!




5 comments:

  1. Rivercrest Cottage,
    Thanks for sharing this option for protecting wood floors!
    My son and daughter~in~law have those felt ones on and they are always replacing them. Think I'll drop some in a "gift" bag and send out to their lovely home!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Love your last sentence.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those on my chairs, too, to protect the floors. My stools are such hard wood that I can't nail into them so I have the sticky felt ones on those.
    No one has ever paid me for my opinions either. lol
    Have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd known about these. We refinished our floors when we moved in, but tried the sticky pads. We eventually gave up. My floors have suffered for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you shared this I need some for my dinning room and the kitchen. I will have to check lowe's thanks with love Janice

    ReplyDelete